Elmer’s cart right hand unload - Page 5 - The Combine Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 12:17 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2818 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsinaus View Post
True, but if it saves you an extra machine & labour unit it can be attractive. (Kinda like a Lexion... )

And that’s before you have the buffering capacity in the field if a truck is late back from the silo or at night you can fill while trucks wait in line overnight, w trucks unloading in the morning while everything else gets grease/fuel etc; generally set them up on a paddock road/hard area and the trucks just come in, turn around so they’re ready to exit, load and are gone.
Little different harvest here than what you may be used to. For me the large cart is my buffer and trucks have a 1-4 mile haul to a 16" auger with no line-up. The weak link in my operation(especially when running two large combines) is unload speed on the combines. Quick turn-around times are key at every level.

But I could see how the mother bin would have a smoothing effect if the truck return times were less predictable.

adsinaus likes this.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 02:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Completely understand and can only dream of logistics like that- have been watching your new silo build with some degree of envy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page