fr9060 high exhaust problem code A2135 - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2016, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
fr9060 high exhaust problem code A2135

Hi to everyone I have a problem with my fr9060 which is the code A2135. When it is appeared the power engine dropped and I dont know what caused this. The turbocharger is ok the intercooller system is ok the only parameters that I can provide to you, when this code appears to the panel are:
water temperature 80-81
oil engine 90-91
diesel fuel 65-67
air from the intercooler 48-57
turbocharger pressure 2,75-2,80 bar
And all this in full load at 120%
So any help?
sarantis is online now Report Post

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
There are two primary causes that will trigger the alarm, fuel supply pressure and exhaust / boost leaks.

Fuel:
The low side fuel pressure has been reported at around 4 bar (60 psi) or lower.
Measure the fuel pressure at the supply line to the fuel filter on the right side of the engine.
There is a port plug beside the line.
Remove the plug to install a gauge to monitor fuel supply pressure. The correct pressure is 5 to 6 bar (72 to 90 psi).

Exhaust / Boost:
The exhaust temperature should be at or around 482 C (900 F) or less (measured with a thermal gun).
There have been reports of exhaust manifold gaskets leaking. The center section of the exhaust manifold is cracked. Boost hoses going to and from the charge air cooler. There has been one case of a charge air cooler that was highly restricted internally. The boost system should generally run over 2.9 bar (42 psi) absolute pressure under full load.

Check turbo compound also, have see that it has been bad, and the turbo can do it also

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 02:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsmoller View Post
There are two primary causes that will trigger the alarm, fuel supply pressure and exhaust / boost leaks.

Fuel:
The low side fuel pressure has been reported at around 4 bar (60 psi) or lower.
Measure the fuel pressure at the supply line to the fuel filter on the right side of the engine.
There is a port plug beside the line.
Remove the plug to install a gauge to monitor fuel supply pressure. The correct pressure is 5 to 6 bar (72 to 90 psi).

Exhaust / Boost:
The exhaust temperature should be at or around 482 C (900 F) or less (measured with a thermal gun).
There have been reports of exhaust manifold gaskets leaking. The center section of the exhaust manifold is cracked. Boost hoses going to and from the charge air cooler. There has been one case of a charge air cooler that was highly restricted internally. The boost system should generally run over 2.9 bar (42 psi) absolute pressure under full load.

Check turbo compound also, have see that it has been bad, and the turbo can do it also
The fr9060 works good in the morning. The problem starts after the 10:00 in the morning and continue anti the afternoon. In the morning the turbo charger has price from 2,9 to 3,02 bar and my thoughts are that the fuel is bad. The first year of the machine there wasn't any problem the second year the dealer change the turbo charger because there was an update the turbo was brand new the third year the problem was still in the monitor as and in the fourth year. Now I have started the fifth season and I have the same problem the dealer is not so good at all. I believe that in the first year the fuel had less biodiesel and the law here in Greece has changed in the percentage of the biodiesel in the fuel.
I am very disappointed and I don't know what to do. So any suggestions from you or any other
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
the error is in the turbocharger or intercooler, has also see a turbo compound pip there was bad, and a bad turbo compound, if you disassemble
the turbo you will maybe see that the wings are bad
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You need to maintain 3.1 bar min. Sounds like a leak between manifold and turbo also high ambient temp will do this morning night problem. One thing to do is straight pipe the engine ,helps lower engine bay temp. Can also run with the back door open.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 09:26 PM

Did the dealer update software for the engine? My fr9060 was fine until the software update, then I started to get the same code. There is no exhaust gas sensor on the engine, the computer uses different parameters from other sensors to determine what it "thinks" the temp is. I replaced the exhaust manifold which was cracked along with a new turbo, machined the manifold and turbo to fit together without a gasket between them ( this gasket was also blown out), all this was done by recomendation from New Holland ( they paid for it). Then they told me to straight pipe it to lessen back pressure on the turbo and exhaust temperature. It may have helped a little but is definitely not a 100% fix, it still derateswhen running above 115% engine load on a warm day. This is a very annoying problem, they tell me that they have software to widen the parameters for derates but the EPA WONT LET THEM INSTALL IT because they are messing with emissions. I said put the old software back in, no can do, they changed it because owners were putting power chips in and eating turbos.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 10:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The software was to only show the operator when there was a problem. Before that you just couldn't see the fault. Also what is your fuel rate under full load?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 07:51 PM

I'm not sure on the fuel rate but I do know that it NEVER had a derate until the software update
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Have you changed the fuel filters? We this same problem? Very tedious .

Last edited by Top gun; 03-13-2017 at 06:07 PM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 10:02 PM

Yes, fuel filters are changed on a regular basis. I have recently been told of possible issues with the bolts that hold the phonic wheel on the engine coming loose allowing the timing to slip, which could raise EGT. I was also told to check for oil residue in the intercooler pipes and the intercooler itself that could slow airflow and cause the same issue. There was an update on the blowby tube which re-routed the blowby from being reburned by the engine to dumping to the outside like old school engines. My machine had the update done with about 250 hours but they didn't check for any oil residue at that time. I'm going to check these two things and hope I find something.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page