New 2015 750C Krone chopper vs Class & New Holland? - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2018, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
New 2015 750C Krone chopper vs Class & New Holland?

We are looking to upgrade our 890 Claas chopper, I have it all fixed up and operating at peak performance but it is undersized especially when chopping oats. I think a Claas 960 would fit the bill nicely.

I've been shopping around and came across a few brand new 2015 Krone 750Cs, these were apparently built for California and had the low spouts on them, some have been converted to standard spouts it appears.

Anyway they appear to be speced nice with a few extras like 4wd, rear axle suspension and spout cameras and a few other features. They have six roll hydraulic drive feeder rolls with hydraulic drive headers and 28 knife drum. Hydraulic drive cooling fan seems like a nice feature as well.

So, are Krone choppers up there with Claas? They are not very common here, One Claas salesman says I'll be married to it as they have no resale and claims they have engine problems (Cat C18). Resale wouldn't really be an issue since I'll keep the thing at least ten years and if I save a couple hundred grand up front I doubt it'll be that big of difference when I sell it as long as it's not a money pit.

There is also a new 2015 Claas 880 for sale, it's about the same price but with 130hp less, less features and the old style cutterhead it doesn't sound like nearly as good of deal but I do know our old 890 and do like it.

The local New Holland dealer has a new 2016 FR780 for sale, it also appears attractive but is not really priced to move at the moment although they may be motivated if I work harder on it.

Claas has really been on the rise here, New Holland and John Deere have fallen out of favor and Krone has really just entered the market. Service is not really an issue as we do all our own work to our equipment when the warranty is up, Claas might have an edge on parts as there many units around here and a number of dealers but that being said engine wise Krone may have a slight advantage with the Cat.

So what do you experts think? It'll be used to chop alfalfa, corn, oats and maybe some mixed crops for silage, most will be windrowed, 600hp should just cover it the bigger ones will be a bonus.

Also is the Easycollect better than the Orbis or Kemper? Does it do a better job?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Why is there never time and money to do it correctly but there's always plenty to do it again
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2018, 10:21 PM

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
The krone heads are supposed to be nice but have heard they really wear in sandy conditions. I personally would buy the one with the best dealer support. Chopping windows are small and a breakdown can really bite you in the rear. We run a 900 claas and really like it. I guess the new 380 pick up heads have better slip clutches and auger so they can make the 980 work

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2018, 10:29 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Dont touch a cat krone hered nothing but bad about them
There is one here on its 3rd set of injectors
And my krone sales man says they are bad they think the cat cant take the vibrations like the man but i think that is a loaf of bs
I tryed one with a man in it 700 in a big crope of alfalfa and it was only going 1 mph faster than my claas 900
I all so did not like the vishon of the pick up but they only let me run ot for 5 hours . If i had it for more time i may have liked it more

Last edited by allan dairy1; 03-23-2018 at 10:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 11:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
stay away from the 6000-7500 easy collect. ive ran them on deeres for years. they will drive you mad. the 603-903 heads work way better. no easy collect leaves the field looking as nice as a kemper. ive never ran a orbis only RU heads.the easy flow pickup works well. no cam tracks/followers. I demod a 750c for 2 days in corn. it ran very good. the cat motor is thirsty. the processing was ok. dealer said kp was at 30%diff 1mm. my 500hp deeres kp at 30%diff 1.5mm was doing a better job. is your krone dealer a factory store? all 3 stores here are factory. they always have ALOT of inventory and if your broke down for more than a day they will bring you a machine to run.... I think the claas 880 would be a good replacement for the 890. all the chopping parts are basically the same plus about 100hp more

Last edited by FQ7650; 04-10-2018 at 11:26 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 10:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey we hav the 2016 870 model here in aus, love it. Same hp as my old 890. Pretty much same machine with new cab and panels. Hav improved few small things. Cab visibility is awesome. Stronger chute and with swing panels makes it easier to get KP in. We run a shredlage processer with a 6m orbis, it’s giving all its got in good corn at 5km/hr. Only thing would be good is swing away feed rollers. Couldn’t justify another $100k for a 950 and I hear there drum doesn’t like stones which we hav. The 492 style machine has worked well for last 20 years, so if it ain’t broke don’t fix it! Krone fronts work really well but big dollars on wear. A lot of moving parts and gearboxes. Like someone else said. Once u got a krone chopper, u either trade it on another or burn it and claim insurance. Guys not far from me hav one. There comment is great machine when it’s goin. Hope this helps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page