John Deere 608C head on Oxbo 8420 XP - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
John Deere 608C head on Oxbo 8420 XP

Hey everyone

I have a customer looking at purchasing a 608C corn head for his Oxbo 8420XP seed corn harvester and I was wondering if anyone here has an experience with this scenario ?

Questions he has that I cant answer myself;

- Which rolls should he use, The pixall rolls, or the NEW JD knife rolls ?
- how much work is involved adapting the head to fit this particular harvester ?

Also, any extra input as far as info I can pass across to him to help him with his purchase. I'm not the type to tell a guy anything he wants to hear to make a sale, I want to give him the truth !

Thanks alot for any help !

Tyler

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: John Deere 608C head on Oxbo 8420 XP

We have run 3 Byron/Oxbo Harvesters in the sweet corn industry until 2007 when the local plant closed. The last machine was a 2002, 8420 and the guy I worked with had a 8420 XP. (extra power) We always used the oxbo heads because there is no question they worked the best in sweet corn. As you may know the same machine is generally used in seed corn with some slight modifications and it has been up to the company worked for or the machine owner which corn head they use. Again many seed corn haves tors have used the Oxbo head but many have also used a CaseIH or Deere head. The corn head drives on the Oxbo Harvesters are up high and the power will need to be transfered lower to drive a 608C but with the universal drive on a 8 row head this should not be a problem as generally that is how the drives are set up for this application with the seed corn guys. As far as which rolls to use, well the Pixall chromed rolls are designed for the job but I am not sure if they will fit the new 600 series JD head, but they do work on the 40 series and 90 series head. From what I know the John Deere rolls should work just fine. Oxbo has just this month announced their newest corn head design and I believe will work as well or better than any other head on the market as it is designed for seed corn and is intended to work on any combine. Here is a link. http://www.oxbocorp.com/50000features.php
http://www.oxbocorp.com/kniferolls.php
http://www.oxbocorp.com/50000series.php

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page