Macdon m150 - The Combine Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By torriem

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Macdon m150

Hey, i have a macdon m150 swather with a small problem. I live in sweden and inported the swather myself from the US because macdon dont have dealers here. Nowadays we can get spareparts through our local John Deere dealer but they dont got any mechanic into macdon because we are more or less alone in sweden with macdon swathers, it might be 3 of them in whole sweden. Anyways the problem is that i wont get the swather into transport gear, If i push the Button the displays shows ”road gear” but it wont go faster Than normal. I’we tried with and without header attached and both directions but it makes no difference. Do any of you guys have an Idea what could cause the problem?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 11:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1025 Post(s)
In order to get into transport gear you have to spin your steering wheel and seat a 180 degree so you are facing the back of the swather when you are driving. If the base of the seat does not lock properly it will not let you go into transport speed. Macdon has great support if you are able to call a Canadian phone number at 1-204-831-4422.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2018, 05:44 AM Thread Starter

Ive tried to spin the seat both directions. It doesent work. I Will try to call macdon over in Canada and se if we’ll find out the problem. Thank you sir.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2018, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
The high gear should work fine without turning the seat around. The top speed is just limited by the computer to 15 mph or so, vs the 20 it can do in reverse mode. But it definitely should shift either way.
Highmarker likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by torriem View Post
The high gear should work fine without turning the seat around. The top speed is just limited by the computer to 15 mph or so, vs the 20 it can do in reverse mode. But it definitely should shift either way.
yeah it sure should. Doing 15mph both directions now and makes no diffrence between the Two gears...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 02:39 PM

So when you hit the switch you can tell it's shifting? 15 MPH is the max speed in high gear in the "forward" direction, so it seems the computer isn't unlocking the higher speed limit when you're in "reverse" direction. Could be a sensor problem.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by torriem View Post
So when you hit the switch you can tell it's shifting? 15 MPH is the max speed in high gear in the "forward" direction, so it seems the computer isn't unlocking the higher speed limit when you're in "reverse" direction. Could be a sensor problem.
yes, it says ”road gear” in both directions, but wont go past 15mph anyways. I’we also thought about a sensor problem but as i Said we dont have any dealers here in sweden so its hard to find someone to solve the problem. Our local John Deere dealer can get all of the spareparts that we need, but i dont know where to search on the swather. I’we heard that macdon have had some problems with electric so i think thats the problem. I’we also heard that its different lights depending on what direction you drive, but that doesent change so it might be a sensor for what directions the seat is in thats playing on me. Should look closer at it and se If i cant find anything. Just thought anyone of you might have had the same problem and know what is causing it.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 06:37 PM

Yes there have been some common electrical problems on the M150, often weird ones. Usually they are caused by ground issues. Our dealer when through our machine and tightened every ground wire they could find and that seemed to eliminate our issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page