rear axle suspension in the next 8R series? - Page 2 - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: rear axle suspension in the next 8R series?

As soon as you have a rear suspension the rear hitch will suspended, whether it is the Deere suspension or the JCB suspension

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:As soon as you have a rear suspension the rear hitch will suspended, whether it is the Deere suspension or the JCB suspension

No. On the JCB, the hitch is mounted on the rear axle, which is not suspended. The complete frame is suspended toward the rear axle, but there is no suspension at all between the ground and the rear axle housing / hitch contrary to the JD design.

Quote:New Holland also had a prototype T8000 with rear suspension at Agritechnica in 2007. Suprinsingly there is no picture to be found of the suspension system online. Although I remember seeing one close up which showed that it looked pretty similar to Deere's.

True, NH did present a suspension in Europe, but it never went to customer's fields. From what I heard, it was not very advanced in term of dynamic behavior. On the Deere, they made a big work on the cinematic to keep the draft force effectless on the suspension heigth.

Quote:i'm possive it's very nice for the driver. but like said: not for the equipment behind! in stead of the jcb, the machinery in the hitch will be smooth suspended as well, but how many trailed equipment is designed for >20 mph?? The europe tri-axle trailers may be. Anyone knows?

In Europe, it is not an issue to find trailers for high speed applications. You can get a lot of them 25MPH ready, and now you get more and more for 37.5MPH.
Even on the 25MPH version, it is more and more common to have hydraulic or pneumatic suspension. At least, you get brakes on every trailer, whatever the speed it is planned for.

post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 02:08 PM
cp

Going back a while there was a picture of a john deere with 4 equal wheel ie like a fastrac with suspenison all round and 7000 series cab in the middle

Near has made it to the make

I wounder what been made and tested but near quite made it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 03:00 PM

No. On the JCB, the hitch is mounted on the rear axle, which is not suspended. The complete frame is suspended toward the rear axle, but there is no suspension at all between the ground and the rear axle housing / hitch contrary to the JD design.

Make sense. I guess I didn't take the time to think about it long enough. Rigid axle vs. independent links and db location makes a difference.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 09:17 AM

I have driven the deere with the rear suspension back in 2003? The farm next to me had it on test. Very good and it was planned to be high speed 60km/hr

It also had a dry sump. this was the problem as the cost in doing this was massive and thats why it never got put into production.
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 03:20 PM

Another mothballed Deere project. Although the tractor hasn't been disassembled yet
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Why would cost stop them from producing a technological advancement? Manufacturers have no problem passing that cost down to end users, as we have seen with front axle suspension systems. High speed operations such as spraying, grain carts, wagons, haying, etc could really benefit from this technology. Lets hope this comes to the table soon, I would seriously consider the next FWA manufacturer that produces a tractor with this option.
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 05:11 PM

That tractor is still around, saw it last fall...
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 06:16 PM

That tractor is still around, saw it last fall...

I don't know if we're talking about the same tractor Gerard, but I think I saw it too. As for a "Fastrac"-like Deere tractor... it's in the works since many years. Not sure if it is the tractor we saw though

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page