New Agco MF tractors for 2009? - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 389 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 03:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New Agco MF tractors for 2009?

Anny heard when the new MF Agco tractors will introduced. I,ve heard 2009, or will it this year. Will it have a new cab? And which engines CAT and Sisu.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 389 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 07:27 AM

Re: New Agco MF tractors for 2009?

susposed to happen this fall as far as introduction, but not available till next spring "maybe" as i recall the 900 4x4 was introed 2 years before they actually showed up. i wouldn't look for a cat in it either. sisu is cheap and agco can make more money selling it over the cat is why that is, so they say? we'll see come this fall, "maybe". it will be interesting to see if agco up's the horse power to make an effort to catch up with everyone else in the industry. also will be interesting to see if the new one willl turn around in less then a 40 acre field??

post #3 of 389 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 03:46 PM

285 on the horse.. SISU motor totally redesigned cab out this fall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 389 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

They're only 12 years overdue for a new and up to date cab, why change now? Or is Agco finally getting away from their normal R&D routine of just going out back and finding something that they've got laying around in their pile from years ago that they just kinda rework and add to. Such as the cab their using now that Massey came out with almost 20 years ago.
post #5 of 389 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Blogger

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:They're only 12 years overdue for a new and up to date cab, why change now? Or is Agco finally getting away from their normal R&D routine of just going out back and finding something that they've got laying around in their pile from years ago that they just kinda rework and add to. Such as the cab their using now that Massey came out with almost 20 years ago.

I like that logic. International then CaseIH has built the same combine since 1978.... 2 different companies and 4 decades and its still going.

Whats so wrong with the Massey cab? It is the same cab, so? JD built the same cab from the 4430 to the 4960 20 something years later but you wouldn't badmouth them.. Chevy builds the same truck for 10 years or so and no one complains about thier crappy cab.

Sorry for the rant but that just pisses me off to no end.
post #6 of 389 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I like Agco, and we run Agco and whe Whites before that had the same cab. But compared to Deere and Case and even the MT Cats they've been outdated for a long time. True Deere did use the same basic cab on the 30 through 60 series for 20 years but back in those days every company had a basic but comparable cab that they updated every now and again. But at that time no brand really stood out over any other as far as their cabs went. But when Deere came out with their new cab back in 95 it reset the standard and made everything else look like crap as well as outdated.

And when Agco introduced the 8000 and 9700 series Whites and Allis it was a shame compared to what Deere had been using for 3-4 years by that point as well as compared to what Case came out with that same year as Agco. So while companies such as Chevy or Deere may do the same thing they don't keep on doing it while everyone else has switched to something new a while ago to keep with the times. And when they dropped White and Allis to form the AGCO line, that would've been a good time to update the cab. Instead they're still using the same thing. They just change some panels here and there or maybe the color.
post #7 of 389 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Banned

Connor,

Maybe you should look at the new products prior too spouting off at the mouth. The new cabs don't look anything like the old white cabs. How's that buddy seat in your old white cab? What about that joystick control for your loader in your old white? What about Dyna-Step transmission with highway speeds of 31 mph on your old white? You ever had to change the PTO shaft from 540 to 1000 rpm on your old White? It only takes a flip of a switch in the new tractors. Why does AGCO have to totally redesign everything every year? It's a cab with two doors. What really matters to me is the features and the price? I bet if you ask your daddy, he would agree with me.

Masseypride
post #8 of 389 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Christian A. Herrnboeck Send a message via MSN to Christian A. Herrnboeck Send a message via Yahoo to Christian A. Herrnboeck

Quote:Connor,

Maybe you should look at the new products prior too spouting off at the mouth. The new cabs don't look anything like the old white cabs. How's that buddy seat in your old white cab? What about that joystick control for your loader in your old white? What about Dyna-Step transmission with highway speeds of 31 mph on your old white? You ever had to change the PTO shaft from 540 to 1000 rpm on your old White? It only takes a flip of a switch in the new tractors. Why does AGCO have to totally redesign everything every year? It's a cab with two doors. What really matters to me is the features and the price? I bet if you ask your daddy, he would agree with me.

Masseypride

I agree with you here!

We're looking to trade in a JD4010, or a MF 1155 (haven't decided which) on a MF 7400 series. The cabs are well-laid out, comfortable as heck, and everything is simple to use.

We've looked at all brands, except NH, and simply put, MF, Valtra, and Fendt have the nicest cabs.

Everyone has their own taste, though, I guess.

-Christian
post #9 of 389 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 07:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

aren't all agco trators now fendts, or some variation? fendt cab is a POS to small to much metal german.
post #10 of 389 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Christian A. Herrnboeck Send a message via MSN to Christian A. Herrnboeck Send a message via Yahoo to Christian A. Herrnboeck

Erm...

No.

Valtra = Swedish/Finish tractor brand. Original maker of the Sisu engines.
Fendt = The world leader in tractor technology - the most advanced transmission, which, ahem... John Deere copied.
Massey Ferguson / Agco / Challenger = same tractor, based on MF, with either Perkins, or Sisu engines - except for the Challenger, which have Cat engines.

Valtra, and Fendt each have their own cab designs. MF/Agco/Challenger share one. I don't see where Fendt's cab is too small... Also have no clue what metal you're refering to. Maybe it's because I'm German (that's a joke )

-Christian

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page