Steiger tractor? - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Steiger tractor?

Hey guys. I need some good photos of a Steiger Wildcat Series III.

Also..have ny of you guys seen a wildcat 1000 brochure, Im trying to get my hands one.

Thank a ton

Dusty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Re: Steiger tractor?

Yes. The puma did come out..but there was also a wildcat. Puma if I recal was rated at 190 HP. The Wildcat was rated at 220 HP. Both built on the same frame. Then there was the Bearcat and Cougar on the same frame, and then the Panther followed later by the Lion which I think was on the same frame just used the new CIH hood and cab. Cab being only difference was the door and they moved the batt box down to the side by the muffler.

http://www.tractordata.com/td/td1060.html

This still doesnt mean that there is a brochure for this tractor. I have talked to several Steiger buffs and they either have seen such printed material on it. Anyway. Thanks for the help.

Dusty

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 03:51 PM

Re: Steiger tractor?

We owned a Steiger Wildcat RC 210 series III.Bought it new in '76."RC" meant rowcrop.Had a 3-pt hitch as well.It had a 3208 V-8 Cat which had such a sharp vibration that it would crack fan blades and send them thru the radiator. .It happened twice before we traded it off for a new Cougar ST-251 in 1980.But I have no pics of either.I may have lit. but I'd have to dig for it.There were 5 models of series III...Wildcat,Bearcat,Cougar,Panther and Tiger(470hp)They were built until 1983?In '84 the Panther 1000 was intro'd along with series IV tractors before the 1000 series came in '86.I remember seeing the whole story line on toytractorshow.com.You might find something there.Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page