DEF slip tanks - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We made a platform on an old fuel tank stand to set a DEF tote on and then gravity fill an Enduraplas portable. Works so far.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Wait till the insurance industry catches up with def fluid. No gravity,small volume, double walled tanks, etc etc etc. I know def is easy

SWFarmService likes this.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 709 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie View Post
Wait till the insurance industry catches up with def fluid. No gravity,small volume, double walled tanks, etc etc etc. I know def is easy
Anything is possible but is DEF a hazardous good like diesel? I"m guessing not so I would say that is a long ways down the road.

As a farmer, you learn quick: “You don’t get anything that you don’t work hard for”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9750saskatchewan View Post
Any idea where he got it from?
I think from flamans in Saskatoon
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 587 Post(s)
At the very least , it is liquid nitrogen
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 08:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Barn
For three years we bought DEF in the 55 gallon drums and had a hand pump for one combine. In our area the 55 gallon drum is only 10 cents per gallon more than the tote price plus not the amount of deposit as needed on a tote. It worked well as we had fresh DEF and not too much leftover from year to year with the amount of barrels of DEF that we used. We got an electric pump that can be used screwed into a barrel or use on the tote now that we have more equipment using DEF.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Rocky Mountain carries the Thunder Creek DEF Tanks it works fairly well and the fact that you only need to buy one pump makes the price fairly reasonable I think it was around 2600 US in the spring but I can't recall exactly.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
We have a 12v pump mounted on the service truck and carry a 200L drum inn the back. The pump can be used to fill the drum from a toe in the shed or fill tractor from the drum on the truck. Basically have invested $1000 for pump and the $50 deposit on drum that I don't plan on returning.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 11:54 PM

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh039 View Post
We have a 12v pump mounted on the service truck and carry a 200L drum inn the back. The pump can be used to fill the drum from a toe in the shed or fill tractor from the drum on the truck. Basically have invested $1000 for pump and the $50 deposit on drum that I don't plan on returning.
x2 We have one combine with Def. We carry 2 slip tanks on the service truck so that we can keep 2 combines going daily. So room is an issue for putting the large tote there on a Ford F450 with deck and 5th wheel platter.

We leave the $1000 pump there and drive up to the large tote in a building to keep it from sunlight. We take off the compatible intake and leave pump on the the 200 liter drum on the truck . Just a matter of switching intakes. We found that the intake hose was just long enough! We got the 200 liter drum from our CIH dealer. There was no deposit on the drum, so he just gave it to us. We gave him a little on the side just to thank him. A little "dash" (as fondly coined in Warri) can go a long ways! Sometimes!!

It is not What you know, it is WHO you know that counts! Currency is a UNIT of debt - not value!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page