TM 175 Won't Accelerate - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
TM 175 Won't Accelerate

My TM 175 won't accelerate over 1100 rpm. This has been a on recurring problem for awhile, but never consistent, but now it is. Talking to my mechanic about the problem, he thinks could be a sensor in the intake manifold or wiring under the cab. Anybody been having the same trouble and found where the problem is. MXM Case are the same tractor I do believe. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 07:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1508 Post(s)
Barn
Throttle Cable?

Same issue on tm150 once.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptusa View Post
Throttle Cable?

Same issue on tm150 once.
Engine will accelerate when throttle is increased but stutters and goes back to 1100 rpm. Also have changed fuel filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Could be the fuel return line is plugged.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Pdfs are to large to load here so go to this website and you will find the complete repair manual for TM tractors. Section 55-1 shows inputs/outputs to various controllers including engine controller. 55-9 is full wiring diagram.

http://92.50.156.82/manual/ТРАКТОРА/TM/

I have not had to troubleshoot this kind of issue but as seen in 55-1 around page 24, the hand throttle and foot throttle are seperate inputs to engine controller and i assume you tried both. If you havent and it works ok on the foot throttle then you know it is the potentiometer on hand throttle. Sounds like it is something that should be showing a code.

I heard the fan sensor can be problematic, perhaps that input is going bad forcing a derate.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmb View Post
Pdfs are to large to load here so go to this website and you will find the complete repair manual for TM tractors. Section 55-1 shows inputs/outputs to various controllers including engine controller. 55-9 is full wiring diagram.

http://92.50.156.82/manual/ТРАКТОРА/TM/

I have not had to troubleshoot this kind of issue but as seen in 55-1 around page 24, the hand throttle and foot throttle are seperate inputs to engine controller and i assume you tried both. If you havent and it works ok on the foot throttle then you know it is the potentiometer on hand throttle. Sounds like it is something that should be showing a code.

I heard the fan sensor can be problematic, perhaps that input is going bad forcing a derate.
Thanks Kenmb, I'll check it out. Code I get is P32
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 10:10 AM

Sec 55-10 is alll the fault codes and how to diagnose but looks like engine issue code should begin with 't'. Unfortunately the pdf in my manual showing all inputs to engine controller is corrupt on the lower half of drawing (55-1 around pg 24) so can only make out boost pressure sensor input. You need to look at the manual and figure out how to read older codes and see if something is being flagged for engine as P32 i think is steering sensor issue.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1508 Post(s)
Barn
Correct P32 is faulty wheel angle sensor. Would not think that would have a thing to do with your engine issue, but you could unplug it on the right hand front wheel to see. I highly doubt it will make ant difference but I've seen stupider things that do.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmb View Post
Sec 55-10 is alll the fault codes and how to diagnose but looks like engine issue code should begin with 't'. Unfortunately the pdf in my manual showing all inputs to engine controller is corrupt on the lower half of drawing (55-1 around pg 24) so can only make out boost pressure sensor input. You need to look at the manual and figure out how to read older codes and see if something is being flagged for engine as P32 i think is steering sensor issue.
Well Ken you out smarted three New Holland mechanics. There never was any discussion about potentiometers with any of the them. After you mentioned a separate one for each throttle I couldn't get to the tractor fast enough to check it out. Sure enough foot throttle works fine, so must be the potentiometer on hand throttle. Priced one through CNH, good thing I was sitting down, $600. Trying to finish up harvest so haven't had time to look and see what other options are out there. Don't know if after market one can be matched with the handle in the TM 175. Thanks a bunch for your input, saved me a lot of time and money. Once again don't know what I would do without this form. What a wealth of knowledge on one site!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 10:07 AM

Always nice when the first thing that comes to mind is the right answer!

Gratton Coulee Salvage in Alberta has a TM175 they are parting out. I got a few things shipped to me from that unit this season so give them a call and i bet the throttle handle is there. I think they take list price and apply a factor of around 60% just so you know what to expect.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page