Fendt tractors. - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
The only bad thing those alo loaders Fendt and even CNH uses aren’t near as durable as a Deere loader.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2755 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanttorunthebest View Post
The only bad thing those alo loaders Fendt and even CNH uses arenít near as durable as a Deere loader.
Then get a cargo loader!

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1199 Post(s)
When I toured the JD tractor plant 3 yrs ago, it killed me to see brand new 7810’s being built there for Russia. That’s for sure one of the best loader tractors ever built. Simple and reliable, no electronics. We have one ourselves we have put 10,000 hrs on with nothing but normal maintenance, and know of many around just like it.

The new fendts do look nice, but what a mess of controls for a loader tractor!
Transaxial likes this.

Brent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I guess you actually have to run a Fendt to know the controls are much more user friendly than most anything out there...

At the price point of any tractor, 10k hours is what should be expected before major repairs. European tractors often get 1000h+/year and tend to stick around until 10k or more hours. The previous 800 series Fendts were unbeatable in reliability.
bjtjjl and southalta66 like this.
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LutzSK View Post
I guess you actually have to run a Fendt to know the controls are much more user friendly than most anything out there...

At the price point of any tractor, 10k hours is what should be expected before major repairs. European tractors often get 1000h+/year and tend to stick around until 10k or more hours. The previous 800 series Fendts were unbeatable in reliability.
I have looked at that row of used tractors at Pentagon. Have wondered about buying a 2000 926 Fendt, 260 HP, 13,000 hrs, good tires, clean straight tractor. Asking $79,500. Don't put many hours on any more but like the features. I have a good 2135 Ezee On loader I think could fit on. I just want a yard tractor for light loader work, pull 6 yard scraper, run HD 9' rototiller, move snow, PTO work, etc. What is owning one of these with all the electronics and high tech hydraulics going to be in the next 10-30 years? I typically have equipment that is up to 30 - 50 years old and works like day 1.
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Well how much more $$ is the fendt shade of green? If I ever get done drying the neighbors grain, hauling our own canola, feeding cows , rebuilding the engine in my 4450, and hauling kids to hockey I might get time to price one out lol....... I don’t think fendt uses alo loaders now ... but I don’t see a good grapple fork offered on that cargo loader... has to do round bales and load silage . They have a silage grapple but I don’t think it would work for round bales overly well ...... I’m sure the controls are descent after you spend a bit of time with them .... kind of like most other equipment now a days
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
How in the **** are they allowed to still make 7810s and sell them ? That engine would not make emissions standards would it ? Dads has 18450 hrs and is still running strong .... well it’s getting tired but it has been an awesome tractor with very little in repairs ......,I can’t see them making them and selling them in Russia but I don’t know much
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Was in a fendt once. Went to unload a couple grain bags on a pallet off my truck at the brother inlaws. He wasn't home and said use the tractor if I am not around. After figuring out how to start it I couldn't figure out how to make it move and finally gave up. Hooked the pallet to a chain and the tractor hitch and drove away. This took 3 min. Spent 15 to 20 min in the tractor before giving up lol.
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookiller View Post
Was in a fendt once. Went to unload a couple grain bags on a pallet off my truck at the brother inlaws. He wasn't home and said use the tractor if I am not around. After figuring out how to start it I couldn't figure out how to make it move and finally gave up. Hooked the pallet to a chain and the tractor hitch and drove away. This took 3 min. Spent 15 to 20 min in the tractor before giving up lol.
lmao like our hired hand back in 2001 when we switched to the vario tractors. (guy was 60 years old hated the tractors)
we loved the vario's for row crop. they are good transmissions and motors the first vario's would granate at 5-6k hours but the second generation was way better and we got easily 10+k hours of them.
Fendt are nice tractors if you run the tractor only by yourself but if you have different hired guys all the time it might get complicated.
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Well a 2000 is already 18 years old, and you don't hear many complaints... That being said that series of 900s had some issues due to an undersized cooling system.

5min introduction and you should be good to go. Electronics have been in tractors for nearly 40 years now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page