Massey Ferguson 500 hp tractor - Page 7 - The Combine Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 11:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It sure seems to be a challenge for Agco to manage all those brands so its surprising that they would try to introduce yet another brand in the mix. Seems to be a good strategy to keep older brands week. I remember when Ford purchased Versatile and New holland, my perception was that it made blue in a much larger player over night here in Manitoba anyway

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:27 PM
drp

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK Farmer View Post
Our local AGCO dealer sat with a Challenger swather for 3 years and sold more then 25 new MF's in that time frame so you can't tell me MF doesn't sell in Saskatchewan. He won't even bring in a Challenger swather, front assist tractor, combine or baler unless a customer orders it now. He says he has numerous requests for a MF 4 wd., but AGCO in all there wisdom thinks it won't sell. Maybe the USA market is different, but western Canada still has a strong MF following. Our dealer this year picked up the Fendt line he has sold 1 new Fendt tractor 145 hp and in that time has sold 4 new MF's in that HP range. Never mind the under 100 hp. units. He also sold the 380 hp. MF and is sitting with the Fendt unit.
The Fendt tractor line is impressive and in my opinion Iíd take a Fendt tractor over an MF any day. There are a lot of common components but I still prefer the Fendt package in tractors. Now the Ideal combine thing seems like an AGCO marketing cluster *$&#. I donít get it at all...especially when they are branding the Ideal as an MF (and Fendt if you choose) in Europe.

post #63 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drp View Post
The Fendt tractor line is impressive and in my opinion Iíd take a Fendt tractor over an MF any day. There are a lot of common components but I still prefer the Fendt package in tractors. Now the Ideal combine thing seems like an AGCO marketing cluster *$&#. I donít get it at all...especially when they are branding the Ideal as an MF (and Fendt if you choose) in Europe.
Im the completely the opposite, I would take the massey over the fendt. First I can actually afford to buy one new. Second I don't need to get grandma out of the old folks home to translate German to english for me. Third I can figure out how to operate the massey before the day is thru. And, forth I can have the Sisu engine instead of the Deutz or Man. The Fendt has some really dumb things about them including the fact that many of the tractors don't have the common 3 prong power plug in the cab. Imo, the fendt is just simply over the top in so many area's it turns me off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:56 PM

Quoted: 1116 Post(s)
I think the same machine colored 3 different colors is the clusterf.

By what I read they are going to market Fendt as a premium product. Possibly snuffing the MF combine brand all together in NA.
meskie and bjtjjl like this.
post #65 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 10:50 AM
drp

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alta66 View Post
Im the completely the opposite, I would take the massey over the fendt. First I can actually afford to buy one new. Second I don't need to get grandma out of the old folks home to translate German to english for me. Third I can figure out how to operate the massey before the day is thru. And, forth I can have the Sisu engine instead of the Deutz or Man. The Fendt has some really dumb things about them including the fact that many of the tractors don't have the common 3 prong power plug in the cab. Imo, the fendt is just simply over the top in so many area's it turns me off.

You know I had the same thoughts as you when I first saw a Fendt tractor at a machinery show approx. 15 years ago. I quipped to someone that it looks way overcomplicated with too many electronics etc. ...Until I bought one ten years ago. It takes far less than a day to learn the main controls. The first hour I agree is challenging but the operator controls and cab are much better in the Fendt than an MF (my opinion). Build quality of Fendt machine was/is better than MF. I'm not sure what the translation issue is...never had an issue come up yet but I suppose its possible. Everything I have needed is in English. 3-prong power was solved before tractor was delivered. I came from a JD tractor so I had techs wire a JD power strip to power all my monitors and accessories. Engine choice is personal preference I guess. I have both Sisu (in R66) and Deutz in the Fendt and so far no issues with either. Yeah they are pricier upfront, but at the time I bought mine, a stock Fendt was pretty well the same price if you wanted all the same options in a JD.
SWMan likes this.
post #66 of 66 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post
I think the same machine colored 3 different colors is the clusterf.

By what I read they are going to market Fendt as a premium product. Possibly snuffing the MF combine brand all together in NA.
You think a choice of colors is not good, you sound like Henry Ford any color you want as long as it's black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page