Tires better then tracks? - Page 14 - The Combine Forum
 44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #131 of 132 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptusa View Post
Goodyear/Titans are just a pain for me for the most part. I cannot get them to hold together or hold air without tubes. Have 2 identical CIH 290's on with Michelins and 1 with Titans, Titans have more wear and constantly need checked and air up while the Michelins have zero issue and more hours under them. Titan implement tires have sidewall issues rather quickly. Have a McCormick CX95 that came with Goodyears on is and the fronts made 700 hours and were absolutely shot, put a set of Michelins on and replaced them 3000 hours later, but the rear Goodyears are in decent shape yet and never been touched, which leads to my next thought...

I've heard its mostly a problem with the USA made Goodyears that fail prematurely and foreign made ones have far less issues. It makes me wonder if that is why some of us have no issues with them while others of us have nothing but issues.

I glad that you guys get along great using them, tire trouble always chaps my ass. Unfortunately trying them again just really is not worth the headache for me.
Guessing you're right.
I have a pickup with Goodyears on it and they seem to be holding up and a tractor with goodyears that are at least 30years old it doesn't do anything major but they hold air and look ok yet. Had nothing but trouble with titan/goodyears on 3 different tractors in the last 15years. I'd run Chinese knockoffs before I'd buy a set. But some guys have great luck with them....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 132 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Barn
I'll keep my tracks mainly for hauling equipment between farms - much nicer to haul an 11' wide tracked tractor than a 14'+ wide wheeled tractor.

Anyone heard anything new about the Trelleborg PneuTrac? This seems to me to be a bigger breakthrough than just making a shorter sidewall and a larger wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHC560 View Post
From what I've gathered from other new JD equipment and what seems to be a huge concern is "How big is the fridge" and does it keep your wobbly pops cold enough ??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thats all Deere has left to make the machine flawless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page