9682 NH slow hydraulics - The Combine Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 750notill

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
9682 NH slow hydraulics

I am having some issues with my hydraulics on my 9682, I have it on a 1890JD drill and I have the hydraulics turned all the way up and just seems slow to lift, and my detents dont always kick out, even my wings are slow to raise. Every once in awhile on first start up id lose steering but that would come back and be fine only happened a few times! We pulled charge/steering pump and that looked fine, had a mechanic tell me to just replace that and see what it does but that just seems like grasping at straws. Is it possible a priority valve is causing this issue?
Filters have been replaced

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
I don't know how closely related the hydraulic systems are, but, I have a couple NH 8970's that have done some weird stuff in the past if the O rings in the hydraulic coupler stack fail. These O rings are sandwiched in between the remote blocks, and the stack has to be taken apart to repair. The only outward, visible sign is a tiny bit of oil leaking from the drain tube. It's been explained to me that if the O rings fail, the hyd pumps don't sense the signal to de-stroke, and the pressure pump runs full time. The floor gets hot in the cab, the remotes are slow and or jumpy, and if running the PTO it makes a growling noise.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
It sounds like you need to replace the o-rings in the valve stack. It will be leaking internally and you won't see it leaking on the outside. Try working more than one line at a time, try raising the drill and folding the wings at the same time and see if it speeds it up. When they leak like that, it doesn't send oil to the pump which would normally increase the flow.Its not a real bad job replacing the o-rings, but it is a costly little kit!

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

If I operate two remotes at the same time should I see it speed up or stay the same if it's working correctly and if not I'll notice it slow down? I tried switching the hoses around and left it for the day, the normal way I have them the discs would settle, when I have the hoses backwards it didn't settle if that's an indication of bad orings?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 01:18 AM

It will speed it up if the o-rings are gone. Ours was getting bad but wanted to finish up the field, would barely lift out of the ground so when I had to lift it out I would also use the remote to fold out the wings and it would lift quick. Seems backwards but that's how it works.

And I would also look for a new mechanic if that is his solution.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Ok Thank you Guys for the info, got a hold of another guy had same problem with 2 of these style said same thing did the o rings in the valve stack and they worked good afterwards! I did hook wings back up to remote that wouldn't lift them, barly get pressure off tires and quit, I then hit the dead head hydraulic and it started to lift, still very slow but it went from not doing anything to lifting so it sounds like that is my problem!! I'll see if I can get the kit ordered for them... Thanks again!!
kevlar likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 12:08 AM

Hope these help.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Scan_20190517.pdf (3.64 MB, 18 views)
File Type: pdf Scan_20190517 (3).pdf (3.18 MB, 12 views)
File Type: pdf Scan_20190517 (2).pdf (3.72 MB, 12 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page