Gearshift lever issues on MT 855B? - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Gearshift lever issues on MT 855B?

Hi guys.

My MT855B has been getting temperamental when shifting lately.

About 300 hrs ago my power management button stopped working and would flash "power management inputs incorrect". No big deal just ran without it for the rest of the season.

Now it doesn't want to downshift and sometimes flashes something about the shift inputs being reversed or something to that effect. It doesn stay on the screen long enough to read. Very frustrating when it's pulling a hill and won't down shift so you have to hit the clutch and stop then find a lower gear and start over.

It up shifts fine. I'm thinking the wiring or the buttons in the gear shift lever are failing. I haven't opened it up yet as I've still been using it. Has just over 10k hours.

Just curious if anyone has been through this?

Thanks.

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 08:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1223 Post(s)
Yep, change all 3 switches. Just pull the console and work on the bench. It’s a bit of a pita. Ours would start grabbing gears on its own! Well not from neutral but still freaky.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Had a similar issue with my MT865c this spring. Would shift into neutral by itself and then wouldn't go back into gear for a while. Then when shifting to forward it shifts to reverse. Ended up being the whole shift module in the armrest. $1700 for just the module. Tech mentioned that the buttons are usually the issue guys run into first before the module. Of course they were the cheaper parts and in stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post
Yep, change all 3 switches. Just pull the console and work on the bench. Itís a bit of a pita. Ours would start grabbing gears on its own! Well not from neutral but still freaky.
Thanks joe.

Mine luckily is just not listening to me at this point. At least it doesn't have a mind of it's own yet.

I assume you just undo the two nuts for adjusting the console position to remove it?

Dan
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9520deere View Post
Had a similar issue with my MT865c this spring. Would shift into neutral by itself and then wouldn't go back into gear for a while. Then when shifting to forward it shifts to reverse. Ended up being the whole shift module in the armrest. $1700 for just the module. Tech mentioned that the buttons are usually the issue guys run into first before the module. Of course they were the cheaper parts and in stock.
Thanks 9520deere.

Hopefully it's just the buttons but at least I know where to look next if that doesn't cure it.

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page