case 600q 2013 looking for input - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
case 600q 2013 looking for input

looking to buy my first quadtrack a 2013 case 600 any info or experience would be helpful in making the decision

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:59 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Those are good tractors in my opinion. They are expensive though, so fixing anything on them is also going to seem expensive. They aren’t nearly old enough yet to fix with recycled parts. I think if you can put a bit of an oversized model on your job, repairs would be kept to a minimum.

Since they have been one of the largest tractor platforms available for a while, a lot of them have been put on heavy draft jobs. The one I’ve driven for six years has pulled a considerable percentage harder than it was intended for, so it has had some money put into it. The largest single expense was about 1/16th of what the list price is on a new one.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
I have the 620. I tried the 2013 600. It was good but the 620 had a lot more jam. You wouldn’t think 20hp would make that much of a difference. I think the 2014 is 620 I would go for that if you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

it has 2000 hrs on the drive according to the hr meter on the 700 screen, it has good yr 36'' armour tracks what hr life can a guy expect out of them
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd 63 View Post
it has 2000 hrs on the drive according to the hr meter on the 700 screen, it has good yr 36'' armour tracks what hr life can a guy expect out of them
I would say another 2000. Under normal conditions. From what I seen for use quads
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

okay thats helpful to budget for
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 08:03 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
This one has over 4000 engine hours but the front tracks were moved to the rear and vice versa at about 3500 engine hours. It’s ballasted very heavy so there isn’t much wear on the tread at all. You loosen the tracks and remove the outer idlers at each end and take the track off the undercarriage. Stubble wear at the intersection of the lugs on the front tracks creates a crevice in the rubber. The front ones also operate in much more heat and radiation from the engine.

On this particular one, I think that rotation was done a little ahead of the tracks actual half life. I wasn’t there, but I think they used a tech, two helpers, jacks and blocks and a loader with a fork attachment, I don’t know how much time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page