Farmall 105u vs kubota m110gx - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Farmall 105u vs kubota m110gx

Anyone have anything good to say about either of these? Which would you pick and why.

Would be replacing a jd 6410 if I were to do something. It's my daily chore tractor and yard utility tractor. Pulls a rake, stone picker and bale processor are its main jobs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 12:39 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Running a m108 for those very tasks except the rake is for the 986, Kubota gets the baler.
Very happy with it, hasn't seen a mechanic in 7500hrs. Only thing was front wheel bearings and I see I have a seal leaking on the power steering hand pump. Great on fuel, poor on hydraulics for heavy lifting such as a nice wet manure pile. Also a bit light in the ass end even with full calcium. Cab is OK, good heat/ac but I find it on the loud side. That could be due to a basic cab package. New stuff looks better. Easy to work on too. Hope that helps a bit.

You get what you put in and people get what the deserve. - Kid Rock

The more seriously you take things, the harder the rules become.

If it is broken, fix it. If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 01:23 AM

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Kubota all the way....

with both tractors (the farmall is open center hydraulics too I think..) you will be going backwards from the 6410 on hydraulics.

have had a m126x (series older) since new and has been really good so far. The GX series really improved serviceability over the X. way easier to do a transmission service by the looks of it. ALO loader is .... ok. any hose that has to flex at all seems to fail in cold weather sooner than one would think and its odd ball metric hose and fittings. personally I would go looking for the 126/135 models. bigger displacement engine, bigger wheels, longer wheelbase, more clearance over the windrow, a little more hydraulic power. and they ride rough enough as it is. for baling and raking I wouldn't want wheelbase any smaller. the 100/110 were pretty rare (at least here), and if running a shredder or haybine that extra 20 hp would be pretty nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
I've looked at a few 135's. And I do agree that it would be nice to go to the little larger tractor. About 75% of the time the larger frame wouldnt be a issue. But that other 25% I need the small frame size, and its tight at that size. That's why I'm staying geared more towards the small frame.

I like and dislike the large cab on the kubota. Very comfortable and lots of view, but seems like a stretch to get out and the joystick placement seems weird to me, would prob just take some getting used to.

Haven't went and looked at the case yet but just from pictures it has the electric joystick and cab seems like a better layout, tighter but seems set up better. Could be a different story when I sit in it.

Sure wish I could find a 6430 or 20 without a million hours or worth a million dollars, or them wanting a million dollars for something with a million hours.

What other equivalents are there out there in other brands, staying with the same frame size and 100+hp?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
I would stay away from the Farmall there's a few around here and they have all kinds of transmission problems. One has been split 3 times to fix them. I was interested in one a few years ago and our dealer wouldn't sell us one because of the problems bought a Maxxum instead and its been a good second chore tractor.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMountain View Post
What other equivalents are there out there in other brands, staying with the same frame size and 100+hp?
Belarus/MTZ. Few pre-emission units still available in MB and Western Canada.
No computers, no DEF, no complicated Electronics.
We can connect you with users in MB who put over 30,000 hours (that's not a misprint) on their Belarus, using them as daily chore tractor.

- MTZ 920 (84 hp, 9600 lb weight) + loader. 59 hours demo with full warranty. 54k Can / 41k US
- MTZ 952 (105 hp, 9600 lb weight) + loader. 59 hours demo with full warranty. 59k Can / 45k US
- MTZ 1220 (122 hp, 12200 lb weight) + loader. 50 hours demo with full warranty. 65k Can / 49.6k US

If you're coming to Saskatoon AG in Motion show (July 16-18th), we'll have some on display, together with the new 435 hp K744 4WD

Last edited by arie515; 07-05-2019 at 11:21 AM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 11:42 AM

Location: NW of Don about an hr - by car. West Central Alberta.
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Know nothing about the Kubota. However do have the 2014 farmall 140a with loader on it and its been a very cheap, simple tractor with no problems - light loader work, moving bales, auger, 3pt hitch stuff. Having said that, it has less than 1000hrs on it so it not been worked very hard. Do believe that 140 series made in Mexico whereas the smaller ones made in Turkey so could be quite different.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I would recommend Kubota. We run M110X and 6-141. Both been very good. Kubota has powershift and the case does not. Rancher friend of mine had a Farmall for a winter - kind of. He put more hours on the loaner than the Farmall. Case traded him out of it after just one winter. Broke front axle which caused tire to tear off hood and rad - out for 2 months for parts. Had it home 2 weeks, lost the turbo. Shortly after that hydraulic pump piled up.

The GX is my preferred Kubota. Has the nicer cab and 3 speed ranges and no DEF. Keep in mind the Kubota is open center hydraulics whereas your 6410 is closed center. If you plan to run a hydraulic drive rockpicker or anything else needing continuous oil flow then the Kubota (and Farmall) are wrong choice. PTO rockpicker then you are mint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in