Samson Radial Tractor Tires??? - The Combine Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Samson Radial Tractor Tires???

Looking for honest feedback on Samson Radial Tractor Tires. I need to put 8 new 800/65R32 boots on my Agcostar. The price is 2/3 of a Goodyear and 1/2 of Michelin. I have never had to buy a new set of rubber so I have no idea. I have always ran what my junk came with and ended up leaving the yard with the same. I do alot of tillage so having a tire without power hop is a must. We also road alot so something without road lope is also a must.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:53 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
How many hrs a year ? From the units I've seen my shop they start cracking and weather checking alot sooner then other brands. That's just on loader tractors thow. Never seen then on 4wd You could give me good for year tire F##king junk. What about firestone ?

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 01:52 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2679 Post(s)
I did alliance power drives on my tiger this spring and am very pleased with the ride and clean out in the mud. Seems I should have a little more traction for the weight but not bad. Darn good bang for the buck it seems so far.

God Bless America
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Just a suggestion, 20 years ago I bought a Case 9280 that needed new tires at 2400 hrs- 30.5 x 32 bias. Dealer found a set of BFGoodrich 800 radials with R1W lugs. They were seconds for some reason and 13 G and change installed at that time. Considerably cheaper than other options at the time. I really loved those tires. Good traction specially in mud. Smooth and quiet on the road. Never had a flat or touched them except for checking pressure every spring. 2600 hours later they were still 75% tread.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Junk put a set on a combine years ago they weather and fail way before other brands
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 01:49 AM

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
I never had any luck with the Samson implement tires.
Had 2 new 9.5 15 samsons installed on rims in December, they cracked just sitting until april.
They went back to the tire shop and they didn't want to warranty them until they saw the stickers were still on the tread.
You are the only one to complain I was told.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Barn
If I have to buy new, it's Firestone every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHC560 View Post
From what I've gathered from other new JD equipment and what seems to be a huge concern is "How big is the fridge" and does it keep your wobbly pops cold enough ??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thats all Deere has left to make the machine flawless.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I bought some Samson 30.5 x 32 bias for an 855 (three seeding seasons - 600 acres/year & this will be the 3rd summer outside, stored inside for winter) tires seem good - no issues. Neighbors have run bias Samson duals on a 555 and do around 2000 acres a year probably 5 years use - no issues. No clue on the radials.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8700 View Post
I bought some Samson 30.5 x 32 bias for an 855 (three seeding seasons - 600 acres/year & this will be the 3rd summer outside, stored inside for winter) tires seem good - no issues. Neighbors have run bias Samson duals on a 555 and do around 2000 acres a year probably 5 years use - no issues. No clue on the radials.
Thanks 8700. What dealer did you buy through? My dealers here can get them but havent sold any to know good bad or otherwise.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Can you make a set of 24.5 work? If so, this may be of interest to you, has like new Firestones all around, something I've had in my fav list for a while now....https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...equestSource=b

I did have a tractor that came with one Samson on it, was only few years old and was getting some cracks when it found a new owner. Otherwise seemed like ok enough tire, was partnered with an Armstrong on the other side.

Something that I have heard mostly that is concerning, and that is warranty and how it gets dealt with. More than once, it basically comes down to you are on your own. In bias ply rear tires, for example 18.4 34, the price diff is just over $100 a piece more for something like a Goodyear Dyna Torque II over any of the Chinese brands and it is a tire the dealers will stand behind at least. I have also found many dealers will no longer deal in Chinese tires anymore, just been way too many issues.

But I know the price diff can add up on the larger ones, so be prepared to maybe eat one or two on your own, still probably cheaper than going brand name. And remember, they can have some lasting effect on resale of the tractor as well.

But no matter what you put on, do yourself a huge favor and no matter what you put on, make dam sure to have Firestone tubes in them, they are the only decent tubes left, even the natural rubber ones from Hungary quality has gone for crap. I've seen where the cheap tubes split apart in less than a couple hundred hours use, the Chinese tube are beyond total garbage.

Transaxial and whtbaron like this.

Contracts are made to be broken, a handshake is the law of God.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page