The Combine Forum

The Combine Forum (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/)
-   Tractors (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/18-tractors/)
-   -   Case 2096 (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/18-tractors/334113-case-2096-a.html)

EBEAR 09-05-2019 01:26 AM

Case 2096

My friends have a 2096 case front assist that has been down for 2 years while they search for trans parts that are no longer available . They are told that some of the last 94 series has the same parts . If anyone has any idea where to find parts or a parts tractor it would be greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance for your help .

jvw 09-05-2019 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EBEAR (Post 3357061)
My friends have a 2096 case front assist that has been down for 2 years while they search for trans parts that are no longer available . They are told that some of the last 94 series has the same parts . If anyone has any idea where to find parts or a parts tractor it would be greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance for your help .

Have you talked to any machine shop? My cousin is a machinist, and he insists that they can make any gears or shafts including heat treating etc. as required. Just need to see the old one to get measurements.
If no one locally is willing to try, I can track down his number.

TSIPP 09-05-2019 10:02 AM

I have a 2094 parts tractor but not FWA. What parts does he need?

EBEAR 09-05-2019 08:14 PM

It's a powershift gear and I don't believe it matters if it's front assist . But if you wouldn't mind you could pm me with the serial no and I would give it to them to do the research .

TSIPP 09-07-2019 05:55 PM

This 2094 is only a 3 speed power shift so I’m guessing it’s an older model. It’s pretty much white with black doors.

Serial number is 10326945

It runs good but has power shift issues, it might not help you much.

bap 09-07-2019 09:07 PM

If it is a sun shaft that they need, good luck. There is a serial break in the 2096, if it is the earlier one their may be hope, but going to be tough if it is the later serial #. The part has to come from another 2096 as this was the only one with a cummins 5.9 motor. If they have the part may be good to go the route that jvw suggests as if you can even find one, whoever has it is going to want an arm and a leg for it. I paid a healthy ransom for one about 4 years ago out of steinbach manitoba, and at the time it was the only one in north america with the late serial #. (sun gear and sun shaft are one piece btw.)

bap 09-07-2019 09:24 PM

Double R in steinbach and they charged 2200. Parts that are interchangeable are A182523(Sun reaction gear with plate, C1) is the same part # for late models of the following tractors. (Highest serial #)(after 16260432 etc) 2294, 3294, 2394, 4494, 4694, 4890) Also the planet gear pins.(A168912)

Part # A179099 (Short planet gear)is the same part # for late models of the above listed tractors. (highest serial #)

Part #A168208 (Drum, or Ring gear) is the same part #for late models of the following tractors. (highest serial #) 1896, 2294, 3294.

albertabuck 09-07-2019 09:44 PM

As if I needed another reason not to ever buy a hopeless case lol...good luck, I know what its like seeking the unavailable.

They show two tractors at Westlock....

https://www.westlocktractor.com/inve...&keywords=2096

EBEAR 09-10-2019 10:41 PM

Still hoping tsipp works out but any help is most definitely appreciated .

bap 09-11-2019 12:15 AM

There is also a website called Urparts.com where you can make parts requests online. A couple years ago I was doing a very rare Komatsu crawler motor from the early 70's. Of course the turbo was completely finished and I went for a long time searching for this part worldwide to the best of my ability. After almost throwing in the towel I tried this website and to my surprise some guy from florida responded in about three days I think. Let me just say I was very skeptical, however I guess down in the amazon jungle or somewhere they still use these machines and some outfit, (he wouldn't tell me if it was china) was manufacturing brand new replacement turbo's. I think it was around 1700 US, waaay cheaper than Komatsu themselves who couldn't supply the part, so as skeptical as I was I visa'd the fella the money and held my breath. A week later a brand spanking new turbo showed up and low and behold it was the right one. After the project had almost stalled it turned out good. Ive never had to use it for ag parts though...YET. Just thought I would mention it though as it reaches all kinds of people all over that sometimes a person can't find.

Also may be able to help a bit if I knew the serial # of the 2096 in need and which gears it is they need...