Case 2096 - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Case 2096

My friends have a 2096 case front assist that has been down for 2 years while they search for trans parts that are no longer available . They are told that some of the last 94 series has the same parts . If anyone has any idea where to find parts or a parts tractor it would be greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance for your help .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 03:09 AM
jvw

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBEAR View Post
My friends have a 2096 case front assist that has been down for 2 years while they search for trans parts that are no longer available . They are told that some of the last 94 series has the same parts . If anyone has any idea where to find parts or a parts tractor it would be greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance for your help .
Have you talked to any machine shop? My cousin is a machinist, and he insists that they can make any gears or shafts including heat treating etc. as required. Just need to see the old one to get measurements.
If no one locally is willing to try, I can track down his number.

Justin Trudeau, accomplishing miracles since 2015, making Pierre Elliot look smart, competent and western friendly.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
I have a 2094 parts tractor but not FWA. What parts does he need?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

It's a powershift gear and I don't believe it matters if it's front assist . But if you wouldn't mind you could pm me with the serial no and I would give it to them to do the research .
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
This 2094 is only a 3 speed power shift so I’m guessing it’s an older model. It’s pretty much white with black doors.

Serial number is 10326945

It runs good but has power shift issues, it might not help you much.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 08:07 PM
bap

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
If it is a sun shaft that they need, good luck. There is a serial break in the 2096, if it is the earlier one their may be hope, but going to be tough if it is the later serial #. The part has to come from another 2096 as this was the only one with a cummins 5.9 motor. If they have the part may be good to go the route that jvw suggests as if you can even find one, whoever has it is going to want an arm and a leg for it. I paid a healthy ransom for one about 4 years ago out of steinbach manitoba, and at the time it was the only one in north america with the late serial #. (sun gear and sun shaft are one piece btw.)
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 08:24 PM
bap

Double R in steinbach and they charged 2200. Parts that are interchangeable are A182523(Sun reaction gear with plate, C1) is the same part # for late models of the following tractors. (Highest serial #)(after 16260432 etc) 2294, 3294, 2394, 4494, 4694, 4890) Also the planet gear pins.(A168912)

Part # A179099 (Short planet gear)is the same part # for late models of the above listed tractors. (highest serial #)

Part #A168208 (Drum, or Ring gear) is the same part #for late models of the following tractors. (highest serial #) 1896, 2294, 3294.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 08:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 899 Post(s)
As if I needed another reason not to ever buy a hopeless case lol...good luck, I know what its like seeking the unavailable.

They show two tractors at Westlock....

https://www.westlocktractor.com/inve...&keywords=2096

Contracts are made to be broken, a handshake is the law of God.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Still hoping tsipp works out but any help is most definitely appreciated .
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 11:15 PM
bap

There is also a website called Urparts.com where you can make parts requests online. A couple years ago I was doing a very rare Komatsu crawler motor from the early 70's. Of course the turbo was completely finished and I went for a long time searching for this part worldwide to the best of my ability. After almost throwing in the towel I tried this website and to my surprise some guy from florida responded in about three days I think. Let me just say I was very skeptical, however I guess down in the amazon jungle or somewhere they still use these machines and some outfit, (he wouldn't tell me if it was china) was manufacturing brand new replacement turbo's. I think it was around 1700 US, waaay cheaper than Komatsu themselves who couldn't supply the part, so as skeptical as I was I visa'd the fella the money and held my breath. A week later a brand spanking new turbo showed up and low and behold it was the right one. After the project had almost stalled it turned out good. Ive never had to use it for ag parts though...YET. Just thought I would mention it though as it reaches all kinds of people all over that sometimes a person can't find.

Also may be able to help a bit if I knew the serial # of the 2096 in need and which gears it is they need...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in