Fire Sale on Drills at Regina RB Auction - Page 5 - The Combine Forum
 61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 726 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan View Post
My opinion is u are just starting to see the effects of drills with section control same thing happened to sprayers.In another year or two drill with no section control will be of no use to most farmers.Best to trade now before nobody wants them at all.
The big difference is that I can add sectional control onto a old pull type sprayer for only a few thousand dollars. I won't deny that air carts will get there but its going to take a lot longer. I have a Bourgualt 6700 and to get a BG 7700 with sectional the cost will be measured in not thousands but hundreds of thousands in price difference.

Isaiah21 likes this.

As a farmer, you learn quick: “You don’t get anything that you don’t work hard for”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 1252 Post(s)
We have square fields and have been sectional nh3 for years. 3% is easy to hit and even at only that sectional on the drill is going to make half the drill payments. Do the math and it'll surprise you. IMO its a no brainer if you're slated for a new drill any ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Hildebrand View Post
The big difference is that I can add sectional control onto a old pull type sprayer for only a few thousand dollars. I won't deny that air carts will get there but its going to take a lot longer. I have a Bourgualt 6700 and to get a BG 7700 with sectional the cost will be measured in not thousands but hundreds of thousands in price difference.
Guys around here have been buying the sectional manifolds and retrofitting it after but maybe their cart's were "ready" for it.

Last edited by joesixpack; 04-10-2016 at 06:58 PM.
post #43 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
I would just love to be you guys that have land and don't require sectional control. One can only dream....

I'm not here to tip toe through the rose garden, I'm here to bulldoze through the bullshit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 726 Post(s)
Yah in Bourgualt world you can retrofit a 7000 series not a 6000 series. I think it would cost me $250,000 to trade to a 7700, I would gain some toys & gadgets but overall almost the same tank. As this point sectional would be the only reason to switch, still a big pill to swallow.

As a farmer, you learn quick: “You don’t get anything that you don’t work hard for”
post #45 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Hildebrand View Post
Yah in Bourgualt world you can retrofit a 7000 series not a 6000 series. I think it would cost me $250,000 to trade to a 7700, I would gain some toys & gadgets but overall almost the same tank. As this point sectional would be the only reason to switch, still a big pill to swallow.
You can cash them out with no trade for less then that.

I'm not here to tip toe through the rose garden, I'm here to bulldoze through the bullshit.
post #46 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 09:56 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2908 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchek View Post
I would just love to be you guys that have land and don't require sectional control. One can only dream....
Anything is possible. Get that new pulldozer out and get busy!

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #47 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 10:27 PM

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
I traded our 2013 1890 with 430 cart for a 2013 1890 with 550 cart that could be upgraded to section control. Only reason I traded was to be able to get section control. It's cheap when you add up all the seed you save. I figure the section control will always have some value will never be zero but every extra seed I place is ground is gone in a crop season wether it grows and produces or not.
BG cec toom control looks like a nightmare. Deeres is very simple and have had zero issues.
I saved over 10% on fields last year. My opinion is you pu for section control wether you have it or you don't.
post #48 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 12:53 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4689 Post(s)
How can CNH afford it?!

Took in the runway secession of the new Blue/Red/Grey dress club last week,
Pretty simple to add sectional control, simply make the cheque 22,000$'s bigger, that's it.
No mechanical or electronic changes on the cart.
Bet that unlock costs them nearly a dollar to do!
post #49 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 12:57 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1247 Post(s)
How does their new system work ?

Brent.
post #50 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 01:11 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtjjl View Post
How does their new system work ?

Basically each feed cup is run by its own individual electric motor. You adjust rate by changing speed of motor. Section control is accomplished by stopping and starting section control. Also has index seeding for going around curves if I'm not mistaken. No extra hardware for section control just the $22,000 unlock code for it to work.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page