The Combine Forum banner

Who's using new CNH air carts

8K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  ForageFarmer 
#1 ·
Who's running a new case air cart with sec control? What's working well and what's not working

#4 ·
I used a 4585 this spring with section control. The cart works well and is user friendly. The arm that has the conveyor seems a little light and runs out of power. I like the big tired for pulling. Ours is a tow behind and we only seeded wheat with it. Was gonna try some canola but ended up doing that all with planter. Section control works well. Also the lids are better for filling.

#5 ·
We have the 955 bushel cart. Just loved the sectional control, but it did take some to get the turn off/on settings correct. I really liked everything about this cart except the blower hopper to fill the axillary tank. It never worked at all. whoever designed it and tested it to claim it to work should not be employed any longer. It took some modification to get it usable

#8 ·
Assist told us to quit trying to use it and dump the canola bags in thru the access door because this system won't work.
That sounds like a total pain in the rear. Did they supply some sort of funnel? :rolleyes:

I thought looking at that set up it seemed rather ridiculous on an other wise pretty good looking cart. I just wonder what kind of solution they will come up with to fix it. Perhaps a platform and an hatch to pour directly into the tank?

#11 ·
All that canola tank stuff adds extra weight to the unit. The 760 is significantly heavier per bushel of carring capacity than the old 580 metal tank. For 580 bushel carring capacity it was around 4000 lb heavier which is equivalent to another 100 bushel of product in dead weight. These carts already cause too much compaction and the lighter they can design them the better.

#12 ·
Ran a 4765 this year witch is the 760bu. Had very little trouble with the tank there are a few things I would change on it though. We never had any trouble getting product in the aux tank but found it a huge pain in the ass filling that way when finishing canola we had to stop a couple times to throw in a couple bags and its a big ordeal just throw a bag in. Flotation on the cart was great we have 800 duals and 800 on the front never had any trouble and it was crazy wet here this spring. We ran a 580 steel cart before this and there is no way it even came close to be worst for flotation then that cart we couldn't keep that cart above the ground. Sec control worked great as the crop is all up now and looks good. The conveyor hauls ass but is too short had trouble trying to get it under the semi and I think that if they put the aux tank in front of the front tank and got rid of the crazy way to fill would improve the cart. In my opinion I think you will see these carts behind seedmasters and Seedhawks and wouldn't be surprised to see them behind other company's as well. Cart was a homerun in my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.