CNH Case New Holland Precision Air Carts - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2509 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drylandfarmer View Post
Yes, had enough rubber. It has the high flotation package. 800 flex duals on the back and 800 flex singles on front. Ran it through some pretty wet mud a couple of times where the tractor got stuck, the cart stayed on top where the drill front castors went down. Plenty of flotation in my opinion.

For oil flow I have the mega-flow on my CNH tractor. Using the main pump 55g to run the drill and the seed fan. The fertilizer fan I run off the 35g pump. I have more than enough oil flow to run it.

I think I read somewhere that the cart alone takes close to 50 g to run, 25 for each fan. The seed motors are all 24v electric so fans are the only thing you are running for hydraulics.
Doesn't the cart have all its own electrical system power? I'm sure those meter motors take a lot of power, I recall reading up to 500 watts per motor. So even though only the fans are hydraulic, doesn't the power required for the whole cart electrical need to be included in that hydraulic power?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 12:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Doesn't the cart have all its own electrical system power? I'm sure those meter motors take a lot of power, I recall reading up to 500 watts per motor. So even though only the fans are hydraulic, doesn't the power required for the whole cart electrical need to be included in that hydraulic power?
Yes, it has its own electrical power. 2 batteries and an alternator.

The alternator runs on its own hydraulic motor. It is plumbed in behind the fertilizer fan circuit, and the flow to the alternator is whatever is being delivered to that fan.

It would not take any more hydraulic flow to run the alternator, as it runs behind the fan motor. A small amount of hydraulic power would be required, but no additional flow.

Last edited by drylandfarmer; 06-04-2017 at 12:57 AM.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 07:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
What happens to the electric motors that turn the rollovers if the alternator plays up. Does lower voltage mean less motor torque. Is anybody just running the one fan or using both for single or double shoot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drylandfarmer View Post
Yes, it has its own electrical power. 2 batteries and an alternator.

The alternator runs on its own hydraulic motor. It is plumbed in behind the fertilizer fan circuit, and the flow to the alternator is whatever is being delivered to that fan.

It would not take any more hydraulic flow to run the alternator, as it runs behind the fan motor. A small amount of hydraulic power would be required, but no additional flow.
Wouldn't it then take significantly higher pressures then? The hp has to come from somewhere, and its a lot of watts.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
What happens to the electric motors that turn the rollovers if the alternator plays up. Does lower voltage mean less motor torque. Is anybody just running the one fan or using both for single or double shoot?
If the alternator plays out then it needs replacing. Electric motors won't run with no power.

You could single shoot and just use one fan. The other fan could be turned off.

If you are double shooting you would use 2 fans.
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Wouldn't it then take significantly higher pressures then? The hp has to come from somewhere, and its a lot of watts.
No, it would not take "significantly" higher pressures. Tractor hydraulics are rated for around 3000 psi I'm guessing and the circuit is open ended.

The hp required I don't know what it would be, but on the 585 hp tractor I'm running an alternator would be pretty minor. Guessing the cab air conditioning unit would use more power.
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Dryland How are the metering cartridges holding up with the dust from grain and fert. How many outlets are you using and what size bar. Sorry for all the questions just trying to see how various machines are set up by different dealers. ie 10 outlets for a 40ft machine would change roller speeds for a 8 outlet 80ft machine. One machine locally roller spreads are running to slow causing roller alarms to go off
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anyone have information about the 24v motors? Is their speed governed by voltage. Higher the voltage higher the speed therefore greater torque? A motor turning at 15 rpm would have less torque than a motor at 40 rpm? Also how are others finding the product gates with high rates. Seed getting caught up and blocking through them?
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Isn't that the thing with electric motors-virtually a flat torque curve?
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieren18 View Post
Anyone have information about the 24v motors? Is their speed governed by voltage. Higher the voltage higher the speed therefore greater torque? A motor turning at 15 rpm would have less torque than a motor at 40 rpm? Also how are others finding the product gates with high rates. Seed getting caught up and blocking through them?
They would pulse width modulation with rotational feedback for speed control.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page