CNH Case New Holland Precision Air Carts - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Barn
We bought and ran a P4585 this year with sectional. We ran VR on every tank and it was simple to setup and adjust rates etc. Going from a Deere Cart to the NH took some getting used to as far as screen and software. Worked flawless for us, if there was ever a error it was operator error and usually related to the age of the operator and not the carts fault lol. We had the 10inch auger option with remote that took some getting used to but it reached under my semi trailers just fine and loaded fast! We took the tires off and put tracks on it, she never went down at all and we started fairly wet. The small canola tank worked great, ours is the '17 model and filled quick and never plugged. Would hang a mini bulk over it and do a quick walk around of the drill and it was unloaded in 3-5 min? Extra light kit is amazing, sectional was spot on once you get it setup. Screen worked well, with no issues, felt more like a sprayer using the sectional control than it did a drill. We sowed canola down to 2.9lbs and up to 5.6lbs (various TSW's) per acre and I'm really happy with the stand. Used dry inoculant and worked fine though I was told to avoid clay based so I stuck with peat. Biggest complaint is calibration bags, awkward and heavy, would like to make a aluminum one. Tanks filled right to the corners (unlike our last 1910) and cleaned out very nice. They get only praise from me, Excited for the turn compensation update to come out for next year.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DJI_0062 (2).jpg (921.2 KB, 122 views)
drylandfarmer, adsinaus and SWMan like this.

Southman Ag Ventures

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Was that a tow between cart

post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 10:27 PM

Barn
Yeah it was, we moved the cart axle forward another 2 feet to give it better balance and distribute weight on the drill of the hitch better.

Southman Ag Ventures

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 10:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
Dryland How are the metering cartridges holding up with the dust from grain and fert. How many outlets are you using and what size bar. Sorry for all the questions just trying to see how various machines are set up by different dealers. ie 10 outlets for a 40ft machine would change roller speeds for a 8 outlet 80ft machine. One machine locally roller spreads are running to slow causing roller alarms to go off
Had no problems with grain/seed treat or fertilizer dust in the cartridges.

The canola roller and cartridge (white) had some dust collect in them, but did not cause any issues or metering differences for me. The canola roller cartridge has a narrow gap, so I can see it potentially building up there. It's rate range is 2-12 lbs per acre.

I have 7 runs on a 70' drill.

If roller speeds are running too slow on the machine you mentioned, has the proper cartridge been changed to get to the proper rate range? Changing the cartridge from a full width to a half, or quarter width on the coarse roller would be an easy fix. There are different rollers available as well. I personally like to see the rpm's in the 20 range.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 12:12 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1011 Post(s)
Landon with the fill auger could you completely clean out the hopper or did it just have the little slide in the front of thr hopper where only half the stuff comes out? That is my only beef with the older series 580 we bought otherwise I really like it.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 12:00 AM

Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSK View Post
Landon with the fill auger could you completely clean out the hopper or did it just have the little slide in the front of thr hopper where only half the stuff comes out? That is my only beef with the older series 580 we bought otherwise I really like it.
It still doesn't clean out great, even if you open the slide it takes a bit to get it all out. Wouldn't be great for a seed grower.

Southman Ag Ventures

post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 01:06 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1011 Post(s)
If you figure out a modification to get it to clean out better let me know. I wish the hopper would spin around like the older style.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Just looking for comments on how they working now that have been in use for a few years.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 11:33 PM

Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by skfarmboy View Post
Just looking for comments on how they working now that have been in use for a few years.
We are 3 seasons into it, so far so good. We've replaced 2 on the meter motors on year 1, none since. They have a update coming out this summer for SS meter cartridges, the poly ones seemed to wear down after 15000 acres, the urea tank was good but the P&K tank had lots of wear then the meter would stall. New meters will fix that. AUX tank works good and the sectional works amazing. Would buy again, by far the simplest sectional on the market in my opinion.

Southman Ag Ventures

post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
I bought a 4765 tank. With duels weals a little sketchy going over bridges it 21’ wide got it with the conveyer very fast loading! Love the canola tank. Just back up stand on the tailgate and dump the bags. It’s a little hi if you Stand on the ground. We seeded the canola at 3.8 lbs. if it all takes its lots. I’m thinking next year the first two rounds I’ll seed the Edge land at 3.8 lbs. for the beetles then knock it down a pound. I keep a garden hoe in the box where the weight bags are to level out the canola when it’s getting empty. That part it’s the $hits on all the tanks. You will need a 7 gallon pail to stand on to look in the canola tank. Love the capacity of the cart. Now we seed 110 acers a fill instead of 35. Big game changer there. Pulls easer thank the tricycle tank we had. The weigh bags are not the best thing. And when we are finish with the tank we take all the rollers out and blow then off and spray some DW-40 on the bearings. There’s lost of dust on them. The sectional control is like a sprayer. All and all I think it’s a good tank. So far.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page