CNH Case New Holland Precision Air Carts - Page 4 - The Combine Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Good friend of mine and his brothers bought 2 new ones last year (3445 w/sectional control) and ran them this spring. Less than 5000 acres on each unit. They used for wheat, soybeans, & canola. Had lots of trouble and are in a pissing match with CNH now. CNH claims no one else has had any issues. They won't give them the names of anyone else in the area that has that cart. They had a lot of issues with fertilizer and inoculant blowing past the meters, (would end up with piles under the openers if they were sitting for a while) probably do to premature wearing of rollers/cartridges and air pressure in tank pushing product past meters. Also had fertilizer plugging issues that would stop the motors. They were glad they had Intelligent Ag monitor system as any problems and it alerted them to something going on. They are also replacing main seed hoses after 1 season. CNH asked for samples of the fertilizer and seems to be trying to pass the buck to someone else and haven't come up with any fix for them. I am not that familiar with the units but from what has been described to me I wouldn't have one yet. They too found out about the stainless cartridges (he thought only the discs in cartridge were stainless, how will that change the meter roller and cup wear?) (do the engineers think we seed without putting down fertilizer?). I will try to get to his place for some pictures to post on here. After what was described to me, I would not have one if you want to put fertilizer (they were using 11-52-00) through one of the tanks. I will be watching this thread to see how others respond as they are not on the internet much and maybe someone (are you listening CNH) may have a fix for the problems. Bottom line: I don't think CNH engineers have the fertilizer wear problems in the meter cartridges worked out yet. That being said everything else seemed to work as it should.

Last edited by Zoomer; 06-26-2019 at 09:19 AM. Reason: additional information
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Finally managed to get some pictures of cartridges. You can see the wear of the of the cartridge used with the fertilizer tank. It does not seem to be a problem with any of the seed tank rollers. You can also see the wear of the black discs between the feed roller sections.

Just received a text from my friend this morning and a CNH representative showed up to look at the cart and they showed him what's all wrong. Got a phone call a few days later and was told they are testing new meters and cartridges especially designed for fertilizer. He said CNH "for once they acknowledge we weren't the only ones with problems."

Let's hope they can get this figured out before the next planting season!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seed cartridge 1.jpg (585.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Seed cartridge 2.jpg (590.9 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Zoomer; 07-19-2019 at 10:33 AM. Reason: spelling
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
what did they expect the cart to be used for, just seed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
My ears are still sore from the CNH guys saying you are the only one with the problem when we have had various problems over the years. What a lousy way to address a problem by a company. When they bought their newer series suspended boom sprayers the rinse tank caps would constantly fall off when you hit a bump. When we went to buy a replacement a lot of dealers were sold out of them because of demand from the faulty mould. They did not trim the lip down enough and the cap was held on by less than one thread. We went to the guy who molded them in Saskatoon and he said he could easily change that but could not do anything unless he was authorized by CNH. CNH did nothing but tell me I was the only one with the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page