CNH Case New Holland Precision Air Carts - The Combine Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
CNH Case New Holland Precision Air Carts

Any feedback after 1 season on the new Precision Air Carts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Did anybody try out one of these new air seeder tanks? How did the sectional control work? How did you like filling the small (canola) tank with the vacuum system? Any likes/dislikes?

post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 228 Post(s)
I haven't, but I have a friend who has. Once they got things calibrated properly the sectional control worked very good. There main issue was getting the shut off and turn on times right. I think they had some GPS issues on the tractor that caused some grief. All and all they seemed pretty impressed with the job it did. They did like the way the tank lids opened on the old tanks better

There experience with the canola tank, was a bit different. It plugged, was slow or just didn't work. There is an update on them though. Apparently they are changing some baffles on the bottom, and I think they were changing the fan speed. There was lots of swearing when they talked about that system. In the end they just used one of the main tanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
For the hundreds they claim they sold last year I can not believe you have not gotten more response. We were going to buy one until we got the price. We opted for the old 580 models they were blowing out because it was half the price, had more rubber on it, better tank lids, but had no sectional control, no canola tank, and no conveyor. Our 580 tank last year worked well and the tank splits are almost perfect for us making it very efficient for the size. With all the elctronics on the new tanks and meter drives I wonder how reliable they will be 10 years down the road.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-31-2017, 06:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
currently running one here in South Australia, having loads of trouble with broad beans metering out. Can only run for 10-15 minutes before meter alarms go off. Beans are getting jammed in the rollers as they are not turning fast enough to keep momentum. This is a 10 run machine and at 200kg/ha meters are only turning 10-15 rpm with modified rollers in. Flexicoil can't seem to solve the problem so not happy. Good machine on wheat and pastures though, no issues there
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-31-2017, 09:42 PM

Quoted: 423 Post(s)
I bought a used roller from a guy that has one, nothing but problems. Wishes he had his old carts. Spending lots of time figuring stuff out on there own.

Week Men Create Hard Times
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 12:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Exactly same issue here, no support when needed
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 01:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
I ran one this year. Cart worked flawless.
Metering was very accurate, saved some money on canola seed this year.
Very happy with the unit. It is a P4760, the blue version.
SWMan and Landon7174 like this.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 07:58 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
Dryland did you feel you had enough rubber under the cart for flotation and how much oil flow did you need to run the fans on the new cart?
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSK View Post
Dryland did you feel you had enough rubber under the cart for flotation and how much oil flow did you need to run the fans on the new cart?
Yes, had enough rubber. It has the high flotation package. 800 flex duals on the back and 800 flex singles on front. Ran it through some pretty wet mud a couple of times where the tractor got stuck, the cart stayed on top where the drill front castors went down. Plenty of flotation in my opinion.

For oil flow I have the mega-flow on my CNH tractor. Using the main pump 55g to run the drill and the seed fan. The fertilizer fan I run off the 35g pump. I have more than enough oil flow to run it.

I think I read somewhere that the cart alone takes close to 50 g to run, 25 for each fan. The seed motors are all 24v electric so fans are the only thing you are running for hydraulics.

Last edited by drylandfarmer; 06-03-2017 at 07:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page