Bourgault cart metering - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Bourgault cart metering

Looking for feedback from Bourgault cart owners on the metering system. Looking at Bourgault cart for fertilizer application only. The metering augers look rather permantently fixed and not easily removed for cleaning. I have yet to see anything thats turning in fertilizer in damp humid, rainy weather not begin to build up. The opening looks small - its looks like product could potentially bridge. We have been looking at older models with the chain and sprocket speed setting system. Admittedly, it looks like something you might see at a science fair with all the network of chains and sprockets. These might only be an outsiders misconceptions so anyone that would like to comment that has real life experience with these carts would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
What series of carts?

I run a 5350 with the stainless auger and have yet to have anything build up on the auger. I've had it bridge when I left fertilizer in the cart for a week during rainy weather, but I had that coming.

The chain sprocket drives were what gave the system its good performance and accuracy.

Next spring will be the first time I've removed and auger in 10 years of owning the cart. I should likely remove them more than that, but all was working fine. Only reason I'm removing it next spring is I had a bearing semi-seize up when banding fertilizer this fall.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I also run a 2001 5350 and have never had to clean a meetering auger. Only trouble i had was the wire for the fan speed sensor rubbed on the trash screen and would give me weird fault codes on the monitor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We owned a 3225, 5350 and now a 6000 aeries. I would strongly urge you to go to a 5000 series if you can afford it it is Soooooooo worth it!! I wasn't a fan of the 3225 because it wasn't very accurate and consistent in my experience. But the 5350 is another story I really liked that cart we had no trouble with bridging at all and the only time we had any buildup on the metering auger was the first year Raxil MD came out, then I think they changed the formulation.

The 5000 series has no sprockets to change which is a huge bonus and the sump/metering is different which makes it more accurate and easier to clean out. Our metering augers wore out before they rusted out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page