The Combine Forum

The Combine Forum (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/)
-   Planting & Tillage (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/19-planting-tillage/)
-   -   Anyone putting canola in with a white planter? (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/19-planting-tillage/321858-anyone-putting-canola-white-planter.html)

young.farmer90 03-08-2018 07:54 PM

Anyone putting canola in with a white planter?

2 Attachment(s)
I'm curious to hear about your results if you are. I'm eyeing up a new(er) planter and want to be sure i can do canola with it. Found the part # for canola discs on NAT (700745786) and i ordered one just to see what they look like. Was surprised that they were only 30$ ea. Not sure what planter they will work with, cant seem to find the disc listed on agcopartsbooks. Interested to hear from anyone putting in canola with a white

BMC 03-09-2018 11:04 PM

Definitely a White plate. Should work on any 5000-9000 series planter. But I can't help you when it comes to planting canola. Have only ever planted corn, soybeans, and milo with one.

young.farmer90 03-12-2018 06:47 AM

went and tried it on a neighbors planter over the weekend. very promising. guess im going to pull the trigger on that planter. Will report back once the crop is in....and growing hopefuly

Cattail 10-28-2018 06:02 PM

What did you end up seeing? I'm looking at a white 8500 on an auction next week for mainly planting canola

trifoi 01-28-2019 10:41 PM

Any updates on this? Or anyone else using a White planter to put canola in?

jcalder 01-28-2019 11:54 PM

I'm curious too, we occasionally get guys calling for our RRV Canola Disk but those are only for Deere planters. If this worked well, I could steer those guys in this direction!

SWMan 01-29-2019 01:10 AM

Put some canola in with a Great Plains a couple years back. It had the Air-pro meter which is pretty much identical to the White meter. Worked good but need to have the hoses and meter boxes sealed up tight because those small seeds will sneak out if you let them. I forget how many cells the plate had but it looked similar.

I also know a guy who planted some canola with a White and he said it worked well, so it can be done.

trifoi 01-29-2019 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcalder (Post 3311359)
I'm curious too, we occasionally get guys calling for our RRV Canola Disk but those are only for Deere planters. If this worked well, I could steer those guys in this direction!

I was looking at the RRV canola disc website last night. Looks good and sounds like there is quite a few Deere planters using it.
I did come across an Agco part # on NAT as well, 700745786 it is listed as a 120 cell canola disc.
Still would be interesting to hear how it went from the earlier posters.

agcofan 04-07-2019 10:41 AM

This will be our first year with a White planter putting Canola in. I ran a White back in Ontario but only to plant corn which we will be doing this year ourselves. Planter was bought from Butler Machinery in Devils Lake. Came with 2 sets of both corn and bean plates and a set for Canola. Be a lot of neighbours checking this year. I know of one other farm that plants with a planter but he is on either 20 or 22in. Be interesting.

Angelaavant 05-10-2019 05:57 AM

Any updates?