Ag Leader Unsupported Clutch Solenoid - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Ag Leader Unsupported Clutch Solenoid

Hello, was wondering if anyone had experience with the clutch control module that ag leader has. I am installing this on a kinze 3600 with the tru count clutch shut offs for half the planter. On ag leaders website it states that the trombetta solenoid is a unsupported solenoid. When I look at other pictures of installing the clutch control module with wiring, it shows wiring to this brand solenoid. It also states if the solenoid has polarity shown on the top, it is unsupported. I do not have polarity shown on top, but they are made by trombetta. Is there any way to test these from the monitor (incommand 1200) without waiting for the day of planting. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2317 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nates90 View Post
Hello, was wondering if anyone had experience with the clutch control module that ag leader has. I am installing this on a kinze 3600 with the tru count clutch shut offs for half the planter. On ag leaders website it states that the trombetta solenoid is a unsupported solenoid. When I look at other pictures of installing the clutch control module with wiring, it shows wiring to this brand solenoid. It also states if the solenoid has polarity shown on the top, it is unsupported. I do not have polarity shown on top, but they are made by trombetta. Is there any way to test these from the monitor (incommand 1200) without waiting for the day of planting. Thanks.

Why not just drive in the field and try it today?

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Its very muddy out, lots of rain in forecast. Probably have to do that when time comes. I did find out that I need to remove the ground jumper cable that goes from the solenoid to the nearest frame ground.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 05:31 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2317 Post(s)
As long as you have an on-off signal coming out you can adapt anything to work with it. It may sink or source current for the solenoid (ground out the solenoid or provide power for the solenoid). SO you need to determine which that is. If it is opposite to the solenoids requirement, you need to interface with a relay to match what the AgLeader needs and what the solenoid is.

So measure the agLeader control lines, Do they provide power when they turn on? Or do they ground a powered device?

What does it take to turn on your solenoid? Provide Power to it to turn on, or simply ground it out to turn on?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

So I played with it this weekend. It supplies power to the solenoid when it wants to stop the planter rows, then releases power when you want it to start planting. Only thing I don't like is that it runs with an implement switch, and when the planter is lifted it kicks the solenoids on. So they are using power all the time the implement is raised, no matter if the ground drive is disengaged. I do understand that it is designed to shut off the rows anytime it passes an already planted area and maybe that's the only way to achieve that.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1411 Post(s)
Barn
Sounds like you have it figured out. Tape those ground wires that aren't connected or they can give you fits. I'd disconnect the implement switch if I were you, they tend to get bumped wedged or fail. I'd just cut the wires and splice together. You should be able to deactivate in the console too but I am not familiar with the Incommand as I run Integra's.

The implement switch is to simply tell the monitor the planter is in the air and not supposed to plant, this is in case you are driving across the field to get seed or something and forget to shut the master off, the implement switch would prevent the monitor form mapping a swath across the field that actually is not planted and causing your auto swath clutches to turn off when they aren't suppose to.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page