Seed Tender pros and cons - The Combine Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Seed Tender pros and cons

I’m interested in buying a seed tender. I’ve seen Conveyall cst40, they look real good, is there something better out there?
Seems to take a long time to fill a drill with various products and I’m short on help this spring. I’ve seen these 5 compartment trailers from a distance filling a drill and it seems to take no time and they are back seeding. I know they are expensive, but the time saving at seeding looks like they should be a good investment. What is everyone’s experience been with them?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKcowfarm View Post
Iím interested in buying a seed tender. Iíve seen Conveyall cst40, they look real good, is there something better out there?
Seems to take a long time to fill a drill with various products and Iím short on help this spring. Iíve seen these 5 compartment trailers from a distance filling a drill and it seems to take no time and they are back seeding. I know they are expensive, but the time saving at seeding looks like they should be a good investment. What is everyoneís experience been with them?
They are best thing since sliced bread and Bourgault Saddle Tank.

s6704940 likes this.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
I really like the look of the HaulAll side draw. We use liquid, so one of those and a 3500gal liquid tank on one unit would be pretty sweet instead of 2 trucks, both of which I have to drive. That means I either need a ride, or make 2 separate trips and the drill stops twice.

Have heard the high center of gravity isn't ideal. Gotta trust the driver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:27 PM
Cd

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
We really like ours it put us from 30-45 minute fill times with our p1060 crappy auger to about 10 minutes. About the only con I can think of is the gravel will fly up on the belt so always got to watch for that and run belt before putting it into cart
w-mFarms likes this.
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
We use 3 of the Meridian version. Has 6 hoppers. It uses a Honda gas engine to power the hydraulics. Its very nice as it is all self contained and ran from 1 hand held remote. 1 man can load a Terra Gator with 9 MT in 4 minutes.
****We have a brand new 2016 MY for sale if you are interested SKcowfarm.****
It will be much cheaper than a Convey-All. Message me if interested.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1199 Post(s)
Do they still make the meridian ?

Brent.
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Meridian does still make seed tenders, I haven’t looked at them very closely. I know the conveyall is expensive but I see one that’s like new for sale for about 2/3 of the cost of new. I’d really like to get away from multiple trucks, would greatly increase productivity at seeding time.
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1199 Post(s)
Sounds like you just have to write the cheque !

Brent.
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
I have Norwood, we bought it direct from Norwood and picked it up from their yard. Everything is stainless on it. We had them build the conveyor longer for us as the standard length wasn't quite long enough. We bought it last winter and even with the exchange it was 25% less money than a Conveyall. Its pretty amazing how fast you can fill a drill
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
We really like ours it put us from 30-45 minute fill times with our p1060 crappy auger to about 10 minutes. About the only con I can think of is the gravel will fly up on the belt so always got to watch for that and run belt before putting it into cart
Thatís a lot of time saving. Looks like one of the best ways to increase productivity.
There are only so many hours in the day and if the drill can be moving a few extra hours a day would be nice.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page