Stubble Incorporation - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Am sowing with a MF cart and bar and I cant fault that mate, reason I dont like the stubble to be left as it ties up too much chemical and insects wreak havoc down here as well. I am looking to turn it all in over summer just after harvest or when ever we have a rain event.

and yeah I am only 40 mins from waltana farms

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicko87 View Post
What are you sowing with? If your not happy with the carrier your not going to be happy with any of the speed disc/vertical tillers as they all do essentially the same thing. Horsch terrano might mix it deeper into the profile, waltanna farms have a couple in Hamilton if your anywhere near there (assume you must be Western Vic with yields and conditions like that?) Otherwise muddy river ag will demo the horsch range. Otherwise a disc seeder and a seed terminator on your combine

yeh i am 35 mins from hamilton. I have a MF airseeder and cart (concord style bar) discs seeders are just too hit and miss down here in my part of the world.

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 09:09 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2908 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickbrain View Post
Selling it for something that can chop and incorporate better.
You need to do this at the combine. If combine chopper is working properly then cut low and you can run an ordinary cultivator over afterward and not make a mess. Good set of harrows helps too. I know what you are up against, this was over 7T...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170902_200748.jpg (254.5 KB, 84 views)
torriem and Border Farmer like this.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesenfarms View Post
Do you heavy harrow or can you. We can grow heavy straw loads here I don't know how they compare to those numbers most heavy harrow once sometimes twice when it's hot and dry then direct seed
Yeh I use contractors for harvest and it's not cost effective top cut them off on the deck. If I can cut them half way down stem and then still incorporate would be ideal 👌👌👌
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I hear there used to be this implement called a plow, turned everything all black In all seriousness though, around here the guys that no till and are trying to get around straw issues without burning usually use some combination of harrowing and chiseling in the fall and more harrowing in the spring. If you are looking to bury as much as possible though I would think a good heavy disc would do the trick.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 06:25 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickbrain View Post
yeh i am 35 mins from hamilton. I have a MF airseeder and cart (concord style bar) discs seeders are just too hit and miss down here in my part of the world.
I'm about an hour West of Hamilton so I'm familiar with the problem, personally I run a Simba heavy disc Harrow which is sort of a cross between an offset and a speed tiller. Heavy stubble you can swing it round like an offset to bury things properly, light stubble canola etc you can swing it in like a speed tiller and just chop it into the surface. Anything else just creates a haven for slugs and snails. Unfortunately no one sells Simba gear out here anymore and they only come in smaller sizes.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Barn
I have been intrigued by the Kelly Diamond Harrow that comes from your side of the pond...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHC560 View Post
From what I've gathered from other new JD equipment and what seems to be a huge concern is "How big is the fridge" and does it keep your wobbly pops cold enough ??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thats all Deere has left to make the machine flawless.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 06:13 PM
John Force - Legend

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972RedNeck View Post
I have been intrigued by the Kelly Diamond Harrow that comes from your side of the pond...

The Kelly chain is so good farmers plough Gum trees with them...........

Just ask Bruce.........

Square box........
Round pizza.......
Triangle pieces....

Iam confused......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom970 View Post
The Kelly chain is so good farmers plough Gum trees with them...........

Just ask Bruce.........
I'm guessing the score line might be : Gumtrees 1 Kelly chain 0
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 588 Post(s)
One way to deal with an 8t/ha stubble load is to bury it with a heavy disk, leave it to break down for a bit and then hit it with a kelly chain.

Another way is to forget the heavy disc and just smash it with a kelly disc chain. Pick a day when the stubble is nice and crisp and hit it hard so it breaks into pieces and lays flat against the dirt.
NB: If there's any moisture in the stubble this won't work so well, as the stubble will not bust up and instead it will lay over in waves and cause issues at sowing time.

Opportunity doesn't knock! It presents it'self when you beat down the door!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page