The annual who's seeding thread. - Page 7 - The Combine Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Got started yesterday. Not the earliest we've ever started but it's also not the latest.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Finished the wheat yesterday..At 40% done..All are full bore ..Conditions the best in yrs..
Some canola going in to..Just need warmer temps..

post #63 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Barn
I hear you on warmer temps. Been wet and cold here, down to 38f last night whch is cold for this time of year down here. Corn that has been planted was barely sprouted last time I checked and it probably hasn't done a lot since then. The crop here will definitely not match last years crop which had near perfect growing conditions, 2019 crop is off to a poor, slow and weak start.

And the prices suck and keep dropping.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Seeding going great this year, all the wheat and barley in and on oats now. Kind of nice when you can do the wheat first then barley then oats without switching back and forth. Most years we are hunting for the driest wet field and wishing we could of waited 3 more days before we seeded that field. We got a couple tenths of moisture this morning but should be going after lunch unless something else comes up on the radar.
post #65 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2650 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptusa View Post
I hear you on warmer temps. Been wet and cold here, down to 38f last night whch is cold for this time of year down here. Corn that has been planted was barely sprouted last time I checked and it probably hasn't done a lot since then. The crop here will definitely not match last years crop which had near perfect growing conditions, 2019 crop is off to a poor, slow and weak start.

And the prices suck and keep dropping.
Sounds familiar. Going in wheat and corn now, every night it freezes and nothing put in early has made any progress. Corn not even sprouting I hear from low soil temperatures. Even winter annual weeds look sick and ditch grass is blue. We are quite dry on top and no problem getting every acre this year though. A bit of warm rain would do wonders right now.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #66 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 08:31 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Still not going here in the Ottawa Valley. Cold and rainy. Should be half to 2/3 done by now. Now that snow up north is melting the Ottawa river continues to rise, backing up rivers and streams flowing into it. When I see all the flooded houses, I guess planting late is not so bad.
torriem likes this.
post #67 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 08:37 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Peas are done and rolled. Driest year I have ever seen, seeding through sloughs that have never been seeded in my memory and not even mud to stick to the tires. 4/10" so far this year and getting a sprinkle now. Not much for weeds growing with no moisture and below freezing temps every second night or more often. Probably spray tomorrow then put the flax in. A little more rain would be nice. Clay hills are pretty hard for this early in the year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page