2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 01:29 PM
DDF

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall View Post
I am seeding soyabeans on land that had them last year ( ran only 17 bushels due to drought ) with just the dealer applied liquid on the seed but am wondering if I should put some phos down the opener as well because I won't be using the front tank for anything ? I know that it won't help the beans but for next year .
Beans are very sensitive to in furrow applied P, I think the general consensus in to not apply any in seed row.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 11:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
If you wanted to try sticking with biological N sources, you could apply some polymyxa and azotobacter on the soil surface now, and then follow up with some more azotobacters foliar after canopy and ground shading.

post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 02:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Was working for friend probably 15 yrs ago now. First pea 1/4 on the farm and ever for that quarter. Anyway, somehow at some point the bottom plastic diverters for what tank you want what stream on flexi-coil tank was shut off (double shoot capable tank running single shoot with NH3) No inoculant first tank of seed. Didn’t notice the difference that year or the next in the wheat which I thought we would see in both.
Soil types? Whatever was in there from being pasture 25 years ago? Not sure but but going on fourth crop of peas next year so would probably notice if that happened again? Anyway, I wouldn’t lose any more sleep over it than you already have.

Just started seeding canola. Put a bag in and levelled it off for reference, calibrated, put another bag in. Seeded 10 acres, looked good (i do this now as have 25 lb acre expensive FU’s in the past) Put 5 bags in, bone dry in 30 acres..... glad it was small field.

Point being **** happens. I loose sleep like everyone else on here I Would think but we only hope it doesn’t cost to much 🙂.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page