2Likes
  • 1 Post By jaymo
  • 1 Post By giver hard

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
seed hawk fluctuating packing pressure

I have a 2014 seed hawk 72 12 with the raven viper pro monitor and in the last few fields my packing pressure is having trouble hitting its target and holding. Im shooting for 1100 psi and when I lower the shanks on the last few fields it goes to 1500 psi for a few seconds and than to 1100 and stays there for a couple seconds and than drops down to about 500 for a few seconds and than back up to 1100 and usually holds there but now on the last field even going across the field it can't hold its target pressure it will shoot up to 1300 than down to 900 than back to 1100 and down to 700 and back to 1200 and just continue on like that across the field... does anyone have any ideas or solutions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 12:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
First thing I'd do is change remotes on the tractor to isolate the problem to the drill.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
On our Seedmaster, there's a small electric actuator/motor by the hydraulic block on the frame. There's just a couple allen key set screws and you should be able to uncouple that electric motor and set your down pressure manually. I've done it with just a vice grip. That way you can eliminate or confirm if its your Raven or some electrical issue. If it is a Raven issue, you can just adjust it manually in a pinch to keep you going.
sasksodbuster likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
hi thanks for the tip I unplugged my coil and set the packing pressure manually with an allen key and that was able to get me going again. I can't change my packing pressure on the go anymore but at least i can get the openers to drop now and to hold a steady packing pressure. tried a new coil and that didn't resolve the issue so I ordered a new valve spool that the coil sits on and hopefully that fixes it , if not i have no clue whats wrong haha.
jaymo likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 08:09 PM

is your hyd oil hot by chance? heard this happens when you have seals bypassing oil on the shanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page