JD 1910 tank bridging! - The Combine Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
JD 1910 tank bridging!

I have a JD 1910 air tank, 430 bu cart. The rear 200 bu tank will bridge on runs 1 and 6, the outside runs. It only does this with oats and barley, both treated and untreated.the agitator is set on high. Have changed rollers, no difference. Can't figure out why it happens. Static cling? (Poly tank). The bridging is random and my blockage monitor will not detect it because I still have fert going through the system, resulting in misses. There are hundreds of these tanks out there ,I'm sure someone has had this problem. Any help greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
If your worried about static you can try and wrap a chain around the frame to drag on the ground. First thing to check for though would be air leaks, especially on the lid.

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
I am having this trouble this year too. The seed is dry so there’s more dust and humidity is low so the dust collects along the sides of the tanks.

Agitator setting doesn’t seem to make a difference as the plugging is caused by dust plugging below the agitators.

Eliminate as much dust as you can. Throw away the leftover pailfull in the hopper at filling time.

Try empty out the tank before refilling every time to flush all the dust out every time.

Make sure your half width disconnects are turned all the way open. Just because the lever is all the way doesn’t mean the outsidesof the shut offs are turned all the way. As they get older they twist a bit and if they aren’t past the seal on the bottom, the seal acts as a lip where dust can get hung up and start plugging things.

If you are double chute, send the starter blend down the nitrogen pipes so that if the oats bridges your blockage monitor will go off.

That’s all I can think of for now. I feel for your situation-been there.

The key to a successful rain dance is doing it just before it rains.

Last edited by stockton; 05-17-2019 at 06:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfarm View Post
If your worried about static you can try and wrap a chain around the frame to drag on the ground. First thing to check for though would be air leaks, especially on the lid.
I canít see a chain helping any-itís already connected to an air drill thatís dragging in the ground!
SWFarmService likes this.

The key to a successful rain dance is doing it just before it rains.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I don't think I have an air leak, all 3 gauges are in the green and theres a violent blast of air when u release the lid latch.
Your dust theory may be correct , seems to be alot just under the agitator. I'm wondering if the agitator should be thrown in the bush with all the other ideas that worked on a computer screen. If you watch the agitator work , it basically blocks off about 60% of the throat going down to the meters. And the wiggling action of the agitator may actually pack dusty material against the edges?
I'm running single shoot but every 30 min or so i shut off fert for a pass and watch the blockage monitor. The turn the seed off and go over the same area with fert. Earlier in the day, I realized run 6 was blocked constantly so I closed half width and was patching in misses with runs 123 open. Thats when i realized run 1 would bridge for 5-45 seconds at random and clear itself. So i can't just stop,jump out and crank handle and to see if its ok. Have to watch it for a while,while it's working.
I've given up on the rear tank for now. I'm using the middle tank and it's been good. I have to stop and fill every hour, but thats better than dealing with misses. I have only had this problem with the rear tank, was wondering if the shape of it had something to do with this problem.
Thanks for the responses
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 10:22 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Maver , Stockton is right about the disconnect handles. Sounds like their is a good chance your plastic gates in your meter housings has twisted resulting in the outside runs being blocked. I replaced all my meter housings with stainless steel. I WAS HORIFIED when I took my old john deere original meter housing off and found twisted gates. Honestly I don't know how it seeded the last year before I fixed the problem. I threw the old run out .I couldn't believe the deere engineers could be so stupid using plastic and other corrosive metals. I bought the romfa meter housings out of Arborg MB and I have been very happy. I can use my pinky finger to move the double shoot slide gates and disconnect handles, and clean out is so easy now.. No more hammers. Also check if your agitators are still locked on the shaft. When I rebuilt mine I found some plastic agitators were broken and not moving along with the rest of the agitators. IF you need any other advice on the deere cart I would be happy to help you. I rebuilt mine top to bottom with stainless. From my experience nothing compares to the accuracy of a deere cart. They do have there cons but I have also run Bourgault and they have troubles too.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 10:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2721 Post(s)
Any chance that tank has a crack in it?

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 10:53 PM

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Barn
I third checking the half meter shutoff gates.... we have a 1910 and when we started the season we had to physically get in there and make sure they were opened from the inside.... ours are Stickey and were twisted.... they will stay open until were done, we have accepted that we cant touch them because they wont open properly again if we do..... ours is due for the stainless upgrade....

Keep calm and combine on....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 12:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Throw some talcom/graphite mix in the oats like you do when using a planter, works like a charm i was told
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 01:40 AM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
we had that issue with the same tanks....make sure you are only sedign out of 1 tank at a time to keep th erate up. we were split from 2 tanks so the rate was like 60-40 between the tanks.

Seed from 1 tank, agitaotr on high, stop and pull the roller out often and clean it out. dont foget to open the shut off gates each time

If better is possible, is good enough?
You get to choose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page