Round up ready canola vs invigour - The Combine Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Round up ready canola vs invigour

Round up canola seemed to have a struggle with emergence this year compared to invigour- anyone else have that happen?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
That would really depend which roundup variety. My pioneer ones came up just as good as my invigor.

kevlar likes this.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 11:27 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2755 Post(s)
I think it would be more related to seed lot, perhaps related to variety a bit. Type of seed treatment could be a factor too. Doubt it's a RR/LL thing.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 12:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 885 Post(s)
I was more curious if people that had flea beetle issues this year, did you notice a difference between varieties? We had some Brett Young that got hammered hard, Pioneer stuff hardly had any. Sorry for hijacking your thread.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 07:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
I was more curious if people that had flea beetle issues this year, did you notice a difference between varieties? We had some Brett Young that got hammered hard, Pioneer stuff hardly had any. Sorry for hijacking your thread.
Slow emergence = fleabeetles it seems, although your pioneer probably had helix vs prosper from brett young? Im guessing that, dont know for sure, we havent sprayed for fleabeetles since 2015 but this year we sprayed outside rounds and some fields that were bordering other canola acres that were heavily infested. Some areS are worse than others.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Check closely for cutworms too. When scratching the surface down 1/4" or so, in a few spots I was finding the empty seed casings but no plant nearby. Seems the cutworms were eating some plants shortly after germination but just before emergence.
meritmat likes this.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 885 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmillfarms View Post
Slow emergence = fleabeetles it seems, although your pioneer probably had helix vs prosper from brett young? Im guessing that, dont know for sure, we havent sprayed for fleabeetles since 2015 but this year we sprayed outside rounds and some fields that were bordering other canola acres that were heavily infested. Some areS are worse than others.

The Pioneer had Lumiderm and believe the Brett Young had Helix?? The thing is, there were almost no bites at all in the Pioneer stuff right beside the BY, for the treatments to work, the plant has to be bitten, the treatment doesn't just deter them from biting as far as I know. I'm wondering if the plants have something different to them, maybe fine hairs or something like that that the beetles don't like?

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1199 Post(s)
Any difference with TKW and plant stands ? Seeded pioneer beside LL, TKW was higher on pioneer, seed rate accounted for that. Pioneer looked better out of the gate.
460 likes this.

Brent.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
our best is Dekalb 7565..Better than 92sc..
Neighbors Invigor is poor compared to ours..He seeds 4 days earlier?
We use Visio + Fortenza for beetles and cutworms..28 days coverage..
Sure nice to blast weeds at the .66 rate of roundup..
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2755 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
The Pioneer had Lumiderm and believe the Brett Young had Helix?? The thing is, there were almost no bites at all in the Pioneer stuff right beside the BY, for the treatments to work, the plant has to be bitten, the treatment doesn't just deter them from biting as far as I know. I'm wondering if the plants have something different to them, maybe fine hairs or something like that that the beetles don't like?
Lumiderm and Helix are not even in the same league, so can't compare between them. If the BY was treated with Lumiderm it would have been just the same.

Also here anything seeded before May 20 had issues, kinda like most years recently.

Border Farmer likes this.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page