Case adx700 - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
What can anyone tell me about these drills? I'm a blank page on them.

Like the idea of a independent opener hoe drill. Dont like the price tags. Was thinking of finding something like a BG 8810 and outfitting it with shank
Mounted packers. Came across a atx for not a bad price I dont think but dont know anything about them at all.

How do they do in hills and rocks? What are they for horsepower requirements compared to a c-shank air drill? Currently harrow then fall band my NKS then another heavy harrow pass in the spring. Am considering going double shoot so I can do it all one pass.

Anything good or bad about them I'd be interested to hear.

Last edited by LittleMountain; 10-02-2019 at 07:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 09:10 PM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMountain View Post
What can anyone tell me about these drills? I'm a blank page on them.

Like the idea of a independent opener hoe drill. Dont like the price tags. Was thinking of finding something like a BG 8810 and outfitting it with shank
Mounted packers. Came across a atx for not a bad price I dont think but dont know anything about them at all.

How do they do in hills and rocks? What are they for horsepower requirements compared to a c-shank air drill? Currently harrow then fall band my NKS then another heavy harrow pass in the spring. Am considering going double shoot so I can do it all one pass.

Anything good or bad about them I'd be interested to hear.
We only have 1 year under our belts with a 60' 10" ATX 700. Have a pull behind adx 3430 cart. We are using Dutch knives single shoot with anhydrous and 3.5" spreaders. We have a 450hp Quadtrac in front of it using a Pro 600 monitor. For the job we want it to do we will be adding disc levelers to all shanks instead of just the back 2 rows. Too uneven of a seed bed. We have the pneumatic Concord style packers and only seed wheat with it.

After our 1st year we dont love it just yet. Coming from a Concord it's a pretty similar setup. In the hills you'll want a pull between cart. The pull behind carts are not a good setup for hills. The battery on the cart needs to be fully charged or you'll have meter drive issues if you have the variable rate setup.

I can try to answer any specific questions you may have. We planted about 1400 acres with it this first year.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 10:38 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
I have a ATX 700. 2008 model. With about 95000 acers on it. The first three years I was pulling my hair out. But with a few tweaks I love it for my land and area. Lots of traffic bridges and power lines. Depth control was the shits. The depth controller on the hitch sucks. Don’t use it. Get some concord shims put them on you wont be sorry. You might have to shim a few shanks. So they go in the ground. And disk levellers on every shank. Beautiful finish. I have the case levellers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page