Seedmaster experience - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
brs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Seedmaster experience

Have had a few threads started about independant drills. How r the tanks for these drills. Looking at onboard for seed and nova for fertilizer. Also toolbar reliability and trash clearance is it a seed between row drill only.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
I have a 383 SXG, so seed and fert onboard.
Placement and rate accuracy has been really good. I have had next to zero issues with the toolbar. The odd packer wheel bearing has come loose and a few hydraulic hoses between shanks getting cracked. Mostly at the fold.
Trash clearance can be an issue. I don't seed between the rows but I try to harrow cereal stubble and pea stubble gets disced in the fall.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
brs

Do u have trouble with the anchored straw or the chopped straw from the combine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
brs

Would that be 10 inch spacing or 12.
We usually cut our stubble pretty high. And have a 10 inch spaced air drill right now.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I have a seed master on 12 inch. Had no issues seeding into 100 bu wheat stubble not seeding between rows. However if you have tall stubble plus unchopped straw I think it could get ugly. How tall do you leave your stubble?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
brs

Canola stubble straight cut would say 15 plus inches usually just take pods off. Cereal stubble 14 plus inches,not to worried about next year little poorer crop this year. We try to put least amount of straw through combine as possible. Right now seeding with a 1895 disc drill and 1830 hoe drill. The hoe drill can go through some pretty tall stubble. Talked with a guy that went from a 1830 to a 3320 bourgault and said the trash clearence wasn't even close to what he could seed through with his 1830.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
We had a seedmaster nova for 3 years never worked right from day one seedmaster just blamed us it left strips in most of our fields and would over apply when it felt like it fert dust would get in the rollers on the meters and plug and jam. we still have the seedmaster tool bar its ok but stuff likes to fall off and we end up welding some things on to stop them falling off
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Have a 50' with the twin ultrapro tanks 12" spacing. Added a case 3430 last spring to put down fertilizer. Putting fertilizer down the the on frame tank was basically maxed at 170lbs and you still have the odd run plug. If possible I would get the ultrapro 2 meters. Supposed to be better with larger Venturi and have bigger fans. Had a few seed runs plug when I was seeding durum on a half section. So got to look at that all year and contemplate my air seeder choices. Very happy with how it seeds canola. It's close enough to the planter that the planter only gets used for sunflowers now. The 12" spacing leaves some gaps if you turn with it in the ground but that isn't as big a deal as it seems. And I do lots of contour as opposed to straight back and forth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page