came across this old thread as I am having a similar issue with the sp655 controller on my old model 62 sprayer . I believe my problem lies in the controller, just looking for any additional insights anyone may have before replacing it, if I can find one.
Having trouble with controller operating the 3 way valve.
- On startup and for about 1hr of operation, all was good. Then auto rate controller closed valve and will not open it.
- Removed motor from valve and finished field without auto rate.
- When I hooked motor back up next day, seemed to be operating properly again. Motor turns both ways, a little slower one way. (About 8 seconds to go one way, 6 the other).
- I decided to open up controller to see if anything was visibly lose or damaged. All looked ok. Cleaned it up and put it back together. When I hooked it back up to controller, was way slower going one way. Probably 10-12 seconds. A few cycles through it and it was worse. To the point it was no longer operable.
- When I connected the monitor bypass (grey thingy), it would quickly turn the motor - I didn’t have it on the valve but I assume this is to turn it to full open position. When I then connected monitor again, it would turn it quickly one way but pretty much dead the other. So thinking the problem is within the monitor / controller unit?
- had the motor checked at an electronic shop first time this happened so don’t think it is the motor. It tested fine.