dickey john controller rate fluctuating - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
dickey john controller rate fluctuating

I have a dickey john ccs 100 and cms 100 controllers in my tyler patriot when spraying my spray rate seems to fluctuate a little more than than i would like, it does it all the time even on smooth flat ground, i bought sprayer last fall so kinda new with this controller.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: dickey john controller rate fluctuating

Is your speed fluctuating at all? Pressure? Man, seems like it could be a whole host of things. Once, my Raven was doing something simular, and come to find out, it was the 'butterfly' valve. Maybe I'm not thinking clearly, but without a little more info., it is going to be very hard (for me, anyway) to help ya' out.

You might start by removing the butterfly valve and making sure it is not gummy, or the least bit obstructed.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

thanks for reply my ground speed seems to be constant and yes my pressure gauge is always moving up and down about 5 to 7 psi. could it be that at 14 to 16 mph the sprayer has a slight for and aft rocking action that could be giving the radar ground speed sensor a false reading?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 04:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

tHE ROCKING MOTION COULD BE HAPPENING BUT I DOUBT THAT THE CONTROLLER WOULD BE QUICK ENOUGH TO COMPENSATE FOR IT. tHERE ARE ONLY THRE INPUTS REQUIRED FOR SPRAY RATE: sPEED SIGNAL - FLOW SIGNAL - WIDTHE SETTING.

mY ADVISE WOULD BE TO ENSURE THAT THESE ARE ALL CORRECT FIRST THEN PROCEED BY DOING THE FOLLOWING.

tAKE THE RATE CONTROL OUT OF THE EQUATION. sET THE MONITOR TO MANUAL AT THE DESIRED PRESSURE AND DRIVE AT A STEADY SPEED. iF THE RATE STILL FLUCTUATES THEN ITS NOT THE CONTROLLER. iF THE RATE SETTLES MAYBE YOU NEED TO CHANGE A SETTING IN THE CONTROLLER WITH REGARDS TO HOW AGGRESSIVE THE CONTROL VALVE IS OR HOW CLOSE IT SETTLES TO RATE.

jUST AN AFTER THOUGHT - IF YOU ARE OPERATING CLOSE THE THE RELIEF VALVE PRESSURE YOU COULD BE SEEING THE RELIEF VALVE POPPING OPEN AND CLOSED A TOUCH. sCREW IT IN HALF A TURN TO TEST.

jONO

ps = SORRY ABOUT ALL THE CAPITOLS - CAPS LOCK ON AND DID NOT REALIZE.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Do you run quite a bit of return for jet agitation? Do you have a ball valve to reduce the amount of agitation?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

jono i looked at sprayer and parts book, it appears there is no relief valve on this sprayer. TX farmer i do have a electric controlled sparge valve with 11004 tips at 14 mph i ran sparge pressure at about 30 lbs. i bought this sprayer last fall so i have very little operator experience with it
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 08:25 AM

any update altec - ever get to the bottom of the prob?

Jono
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 02:47 PM

this is a bit late i know but if your sprayer pump is a suction type it sounds to me like you have a leak on the suction side a hardi act that way if there is a leak anyway.

Bo
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 08:50 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to 4710driver

Set the sprayer to manual,If the pressure is still bouncing you may want to check at your boom,there should be a pressure senser in a short vertical tube that sends a signal to the controller. We had a problem like that in a floater,believed that was the problem,rather than fix they elected to go back to speed and pressure.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

If I ran the hydraulic driven pump at a slower speed the pressure would not fluctuate or it would fluctuate slightly. thanks for the help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page