TwinLine Fungicide? - The Combine Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
TwinLine Fungicide?

Ok... BASF rep and local co-op sales guy beating the back-roads claiming TwinLine actually increases yield (through benefit of Agcelence). Claims of 11 all the way up to 17 bushels yield bump just by applying to flag-leaf on Oats...

I told them "BULL****"

We grew 4000 acres of oats this year. We applied either Pivot, Caramba, or Folicur to 75% of the acres. We left multiple check strips and found only minor yield benefits just covering the cost. Across multiple, soil types, planting dates, fertility and varieties.

So tell me. Is or has TwinLine proven to be this miracle product for you?
Am I missing the boat?

The reason we have not used much TwinLine is the cost. Its double per acre what else im using. My personal experience is the cheaper the product (ie Pivot) the higher the return on investment, and more net $$$ in my pocket....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
I use quilt at flag if we have leaf disease. If not, don't bother!

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 03:22 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2674 Post(s)
I have yet to use TwinLine and I will be trying it this year, so far I have found big returns on good fungicide as I have had some tests with priaxor that have pulled me 7 bu on soys and persoro that has pulled me 13 bu in wheat vs nothing

Folicure pays for the job and is definitely worth the money in uncirtain times

Tried carumba only on a few acres of wheat one time and for the little price difference between porsaro it was not worth the little savings

What I will be messing with this year is trying to get generic HeadLine and comparing the differences because there should maybe be a good enough price spread that I will forget Folicure exists
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFarmService View Post
I have yet to use TwinLine and I will be trying it this year, so far I have found big returns on good fungicide as I have had some tests with priaxor that have pulled me 7 bu on soys and persoro that has pulled me 13 bu in wheat vs nothing

Folicure pays for the job and is definitely worth the money in uncirtain times

Tried carumba only on a few acres of wheat one time and for the little price difference between porsaro it was not worth the little savings

What I will be messing with this year is trying to get generic HeadLine and comparing the differences because there should maybe be a good enough price spread that I will forget Folicure exists

My experience here...

Oats a wash, I do for insurance.
Wheat pays at heading everytime. Caramba, Folicur EW or Prosaro
Soybeans gave zero returns back this year. Stratego Pro
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 09:43 PM

Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
I can't get past the 4000 acres of oats!

We've had great results with Twinline, it was on top of our trials a couple years ago and talking with a neighbor this fall and it was on the top in his trials as well.

That said we gave the Headline and its "Agcelence" a go for three season's in Canola and was a lost cause.
dschill and Ben Heide like this.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 10:03 PM

Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Mayoollie
Quote:
Originally Posted by dschill View Post
Ok... BASF rep and local co-op sales guy beating the back-roads claiming TwinLine actually increases yield (through benefit of Agcelence). Claims of 11 all the way up to 17 bushels yield bump just by applying to flag-leaf on Oats...

I told them "BULL****"

We grew 4000 acres of oats this year. We applied either Pivot, Caramba, or Folicur to 75% of the acres. We left multiple check strips and found only minor yield benefits just covering the cost. Across multiple, soil types, planting dates, fertility and varieties.

Am I missing the boat?

The reason we have not used much TwinLine is the cost. Its double per acre what else im using. My personal experience is the cheaper the product (ie Pivot) the higher the return on investment, and more net $$$ in my pocket....
If you have a serious issue with rusts, in my experience, strobilurins (like the pyraclastrobin in your twinline) knocks them dead and will keep your crop greener for longer.

If you have modest disease pressure and the trizaoles are still working well, then stick with folicur, caramba etc.

What diseases are you looking at in particular, in your oats I am assuming crown rust?

Strobilurins do have some funny side effects on plants but I couldn't say if you will get any economic benefit from using them.

Farming- the closest a man can get to doing Gods own work on earth
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 10:57 PM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Usually crown rust, net blotch, leaf blotch, stem rust, sometimes stripe rust.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 12:03 AM

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dschill View Post

I told them "BULL****"

Am I missing the boat?

It is a good fungicide and on occasion is may provide those yield increases. Likely any other fungicide would have too. Agcelence is a bit of a stretch.

dschill, Ben Heide and SWMan like this.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post
I can't get past the 4000 acres of oats!

No kidding !!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Found this old thread and we’ve got 4000 acres of oats in! Damnit.

Any oat fungicide trial data out there? I can score a couple totes of twinline so will probably just stick with what has been working.

Been hearing good things about acapella though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page