2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 989 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anythingbutgreen View Post
That's what farmtronics wants to sell me. You don't recommend I assume
Well, the jury is still out for me. I doubt that any other meter would be any better. I know the raven struggles with Liberty. It's entirely possible that my woes are due to gumming up of the wheel as i don't rinse the meter after each loading. However, both glyphosate and liberty are very water soluble and SHOULD clean out easily even if left in there for an extended period so IDK. Like I said, I didn't get to use this one alot yet so I'll reserve judgement until next year.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
I may sound kind of primitive here but i have the small chem handler and use the marks on it for measuring roundup and liberty always. I didnt feel $2200 for a friggin pump made any sense. My chem handler is short being the small one and I just used pallets to elevate the tote just above the chem handler. Screwed the pallets together and to the deck of the trailer. Spent $50 on a banjo coupler and 1 1/4" hose with a 90 degree elbow and a valve on the end of the hose. Just open the valve and fill to what ever mark i desire. I can put chemical in the handler faster than the sprayer fills with round up even when the tote is low running 2" easily.

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Have used a raven flowmax 220 for think 4 years now and other than replacing the battery has been very accurate and trouble free, and fast sucking from barrels and totes through a venturi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookiller View Post
I may sound kind of primitive here but i have the small chem handler and use the marks on it for measuring roundup and liberty always. I didnt feel $2200 for a friggin pump made any sense. My chem handler is short being the small one and I just used pallets to elevate the tote just above the chem handler. Screwed the pallets together and to the deck of the trailer. Spent $50 on a banjo coupler and 1 1/4" hose with a 90 degree elbow and a valve on the end of the hose. Just open the valve and fill to what ever mark i desire. I can put chemical in the handler faster than the sprayer fills with round up even when the tote is low running 2" easily.
I gravity my RU also, works real quick with the totes that have the 2" valve. Have not tried the Liberty shuttles, how much time does it take to gravity feed 200 liters of Liberty?
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Never timed it but 2-3 min longer doesn't kill me. When I was young and filling a spray coupe every 20 acres 2 min was a lot every fill. My gator has an 800 gal tank and I spray 60 acres with it. 13 gal /acre and don't have to measure centurion and just slam whole jugs. 78 litres of liberty in that mix so not real long for me.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Has anyone put scales under there handler, thinking about a putting a digital star under ours, used one for years in the feed wagon and never missed a beat.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
That would work great, but not sure what the cost of the scale would be.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 989 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor 650 View Post
Has anyone put scales under there handler, thinking about a putting a digital star under ours, used one for years in the feed wagon and never missed a beat.
If you are talking about weighing your chem I don't know how well that would work since all chems have different specific gravities. You would have to develop a conversion table for each chemical to know how many litres per KG. We all know that 1 litre volume is 1KG weight but that is only for fresh water at sea level. Different specific gravities will give different correlation's. Just something to consider.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licensed to kill View Post
If you are talking about weighing your chem I don't know how well that would work since all chems have different specific gravities. You would have to develop a conversion table for each chemical to know how many litres per KG. We all know that 1 litre volume is 1KG weight but that is only for fresh water at sea level. Different specific gravities will give different correlation's. Just something to consider.
I guess that was always going to be the case, but I was thinking you will only really need it when you are sucking out of the IBCs, which would only be a few of your bulk chemicals.
Just hear about flow meters being inaccurate or unreliable, wondered if anyone was using or considering scales ....??
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
I use a scale. 1# accuracy, or roughly better than 1 pint. I don't use a venturi, I just plumbed them into the suction side of the pump with tees and one way check valves. Moving Bicep II Magnum at 2.4 qt/10 gal solution is much better with a 3" pump.

Pallet scales are $1,000 to $3,000, depending on how fancy you want and how much shipping.

This is the computer age. There is this marvelous thing called the world wide web that has all kinds of information, including the specific gravity of any herbicide you wish to spray. I can look it up on my phone, and then, also using my phone, calculate how many pounds of product I need to put in the spray tank. Water has a specific gravity of 1.0, and weighs 8.34#/gallon. For Example, Roundup Ultra has a specific gravity of 1.17. So Roundup Ultra weighs 1.17 * 8.34 = 9.76#/gal. A different chemical will have a different specific gravity.

Doctor 650 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page