36m Weedit - Page 4 - The Combine Forum
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 06:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsinaus View Post
There's a lot more leaf area in grapevines vs weeds poking through on bare ground hence my question about resolution, sensitivity, pixel size and speed.

I love the concept of it though!

Like I said...just a thought. Throwing a rock into the bush. But if it could work..will be a nice alternative, compared to a expensive weedit

adsinaus likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for your reply.

I have operated Hayes gear for years and they make fantastic booms, but I'm just worried about the concept of a hung boom vs a ground following boom in uneven melon hole country. Thoughts?

Talwood Lad likes this.
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Melon hole country ! Well that puts a totally different slant on it, you might be alright with a 12 meter suspended boom but I would bet that you have to forget that if you went to 36 , I would definitely go with a ground gliding sprayer in the Melon hole country that I've worked in
boggabilla and Talwood Lad like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Boggabilla can't you just drop into Hayes and have yarn about your concerns think and they might even find a machine they have built operating in the area? I plan to put a 24 metre system on a 4930 SP this summer spraying. The croplands boom is ****. I know someone who has a ground following croplands WeedIT and is view is the weed detecting tech is faultless but the boom is rubbish.
boggabilla likes this.
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausmac View Post
I wouldn't buy the croplands boom. I looked at a 24 metre WeedIT system mounted on a spray coupe today down the road from me. It's been on there since Christmas and it's working excellent with no height control jut a jockey wheel other than that bulletproof. I plan to install a system on my 4930 next summer. You can't compare the quality of a croplands boomspray to a Hayes. I had one, and my brother has a new one on the way. There's a massive amount of shock going through everything with a ground glider boom that will bust most things. Don't believe the croplands sales BS about boom height they will work on other booms and save you a packet.
We have a 36m croplands weedit - 7000. It's definitely not 'BS' about height being critical. When you're trying to save chemical and hit small targets ACCURATELY, height, speed and nozzle type are all critical to maximise your investment. Because of the sensor setup any variation from the specified height WILL result in misses. Yes, it is slow. We don't go over 14km/hr when using the cameras, but accuracy is king. Having operated JD self propelled sprayers for the last 8 years, I would advise strongly against fitting a weedit setup to them (or any self propelled for that matter).

We have moved away from JD and now run 2 x Goldacres SP rigs. A G4 and a G6. Both 36M. The Croplands Weedit 7000 gives us a backup or additional rig in busy times as it comes with dual spray lines. (A blanket line and the camera line). It's not the quickest rig in the world, but we've found it to be especially useful on the part of our farm where we have contours or undulations as it flexes well and follows the ground.
aussie.ltd. and boggabilla like this.
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talwood Lad View Post
We have a 36m croplands weedit - 7000. It's definitely not 'BS' about height being critical. When you're trying to save chemical and hit small targets ACCURATELY, height, speed and nozzle type are all critical to maximise your investment. Because of the sensor setup any variation from the specified height WILL result in misses. Yes, it is slow. We don't go over 14km/hr when using the cameras, but accuracy is king. Having operated JD self propelled sprayers for the last 8 years, I would advise strongly against fitting a weedit setup to them (or any self propelled for that matter).

We have moved away from JD and now run 2 x Goldacres SP rigs. A G4 and a G6. Both 36M. The Croplands Weedit 7000 gives us a backup or additional rig in busy times as it comes with dual spray lines. (A blanket line and the camera line). It's not the quickest rig in the world, but we've found it to be especially useful on the part of our farm where we have contours or undulations as it flexes well and follows the ground.
Now that's the most honest assessment of weedit I've seen to date!
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-23-2017, 08:02 AM

Still plan to put WeedIT on my 4930. I don't have contours and if it doesn't work we will keep usuing the technology on a dedicated boom. For my situation it will work. Welcome back nitro.
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-23-2017, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thumbs up My WeedIt on my Nitro 5333

Here's one for you Nitro - a WeedIt fitted to a 5333 as a 32m boom.

We bought a 100' Miller boom and had the brackets built to suit the fold, runs a five sensor Raven AutoBoom that runs surprisingly better than my 120' standard unit in that response is a lot more accurate with the lighter boom.

You Tube Nitro WeedIt and you should find it.

We removed this system from an older home made 26m self propelled unit and fitted it to the Nitro for a better more comfortable ride. Purchased hardware and additional sensors and solenoids through Total Precision.

(I can't post links yet)
adsinaus and BoSoT like this.
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 06:08 AM

DR9080 I saw that video looks like a neat setup. What speed will you run at? What size weeds are you targeting? Have you done any spraying with the nitro yet? I spoke to Total precision and have all the brackets and bits for JD.
post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR9080 View Post
Here's one for you Nitro - a WeedIt fitted to a 5333 as a 32m boom.

We bought a 100' Miller boom and had the brackets built to suit the fold, runs a five sensor Raven AutoBoom that runs surprisingly better than my 120' standard unit in that response is a lot more accurate with the lighter boom.

You Tube Nitro WeedIt and you should find it.

We removed this system from an older home made 26m self propelled unit and fitted it to the Nitro for a better more comfortable ride. Purchased hardware and additional sensors and solenoids through Total Precision.

(I can't post links yet)
No chance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page