The Combine Forum

The Combine Forum (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/)
-   Sprayers / Chemicals / Fertilizer (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/20-sprayers-chemicals-fertilizer/)
-   -   36m Weedit (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/20-sprayers-chemicals-fertilizer/289618-36m-weedit.html)

Patriot 02-01-2017 10:08 PM

36m Weedit

Looking to put a Weedit on a 36m self propelled Goldacres, just wondering if anyone has done this or seen this done before?
Would still be very interested in seeing it on any type of self propelled machine at 36m. Just seems a little bit primitive going back to a tractor and trailing rig, just want to weigh up the options for a self propelled I already have.
Cheers.

nig71 02-01-2017 11:35 PM

Thought about putting a weed seeker on a frame on a macdon M155. Only does 17km/h and its use out of season

joeltractor 02-02-2017 07:12 AM

We had a weed-it on 24 meters on a boom that we had for the Nitro , just had to unhook the 36m one and hook the weedit on , used to take a while to change and because of that we didn't always use it too the full advantage , also had a bit of trouble on Sandhills with keeping the wings at the best height even with height controllers, so the spray shop has offered a good deal on a 4000L 30M trailed "ground glider" Weedit which will also have a "normal" boom line as well which will be also a back up if/when the Nitro breaks down as we rely almost too heavily on it

lanwickum 02-02-2017 08:01 AM

A few weedit users here. I have looked into one a little bit and like the idea of investing in one as I have not been able to get away from fallow. Question, how often do you use it in fallow? 100%? The cost to buy one and get it to the states with no local support has stopped me from looking into it very hard.

joeltractor 02-12-2017 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nig71 (Post 2750746)
Thought about putting a weed seeker on a frame on a macdon M155. Only does 17km/h and its use out of season

A weed seeker or a weed it nig?

nig71 02-12-2017 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeltractor (Post 2761818)

When I was looking at it there were some units for sale at a clearing sale, think they were weedseeker. In my case it's always green here to some extent so I was thinking of a quick pass with a litre of glysopate followed by the weedseeker for the hard to kill stuff. I was told an old unit isn't worth much and can require expensive maintenance or the solonoids fire for too long using more Chem. I just wanted efficacy on hard to kill weeds rather than chem savings. Thought the M155 might make a good platform and give it out of season use. In the end the unit never made reserve which I thought was too much.

I think very soon these units will be replaced by small robots anyway. (Inside the period it would take to pay it off anyway)

joeltractor 02-12-2017 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The new ground gliding weedit and back up sprayer

joeltractor 02-12-2017 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nig71 (Post 2761826)
Quote:

Originally Posted by joeltractor (Post 2761818)

When I was looking at it there were some units for sale at a clearing sale, think they were weedseeker. In my case it's always green here to some extent so I was thinking of a quick pass with a litre of glysopate followed by the weedseeker for the hard to kill stuff. I was told an old unit isn't worth much and can require expensive maintenance or the solonoids fire for too long using more Chem. I just wanted efficacy on hard to kill weeds rather than chem savings. Thought the M155 might make a good platform and give it out of season use. In the end the unit never made reserve which I thought was too much.

I think very soon these units will be replaced by small robots anyway. (Inside the period it would take to pay it off anyway)

If you don't mind me asking nig , how much did it go for, and what size was it, this one is pretty much $4500 per metre

nig71 02-13-2017 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeltractor (Post 2762586)
If you don't mind me asking nig , how much did it go for, and what size was it, this one is pretty much $4500 per metre

At the time didn't meet reserve, I suspect it was $50k for 36m cameras and jets only. A bloke I know who owns on reckons it was only worth $15k and needing work. All here say anyway. It had brackets to suit 36m Deere

ausmac 02-18-2017 05:24 AM

I plan to put a 24 metre weedit system on my 4930 JD next summer. I haven't nailed downthe exact cost but it should be around 130 grand. I don't like the ground glider style booms that croplands sells, they probably resolve height issues in hills but it brings a 24 metre machine well over 250 grand and you still need a tractor to pull it and an astronaut to drive it. The JD boom is very solid and stable and should do the job. The other reason for going with the SP instal is I can chop and change in the paddock. If we have nearly a full profile like we have now but it hasn't rained for ages we can spot spray but also blanket spray on other parts of place that might have got a storm. Going to weedit will be a game changer for our business.