Flow meters - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
i use a scale as well. they often sell new at auction for 500 or less and have had mine going on two years and no problem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 09:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
I agree with puddles, Richie Bros has them come through all the time. If you can grab one when they have a smaller sale they go for 5-800 with a wireless display.

post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 989 Post(s)
Scales wont work for me but I have been experimenting with an accu-volume sensor. It's a little more sensitive than I would like for this and you have to be able to pull from the top and many totes are not designed to pull from the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Just a hair brained idea, but what about a temperature compensated flow meter? A hall effect flow meter, ds1820 temp sensor and a arduino. The arduino could compensate the flow meter readings based on liquid temp. It would take some calibrating, but could be done. As far as I know there is no really accurate flow meter on the market. I will say the banjo so far is the 'best' I have used too.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
I use one of these from GPI. Got it through my Coop dealer. Seems to pretty good. Worse problem I notice is tiny fitting leaks that suck in a little bit of air. That usually causes me more grief with accuracy than anything else.

GPI Pumps & Meters ? Polywest Ltd.
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 11:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licensed to kill View Post
Scales wont work for me but I have been experimenting with an accu-volume sensor. It's a little more sensitive than I would like for this and you have to be able to pull from the top and many totes are not designed to pull from the top
The flow meters have my dad so pissed that he wanted to go back to smashing jugs, we usually load a barrel to a tank but for the big totes were stuck using the meter, it sucks but ya we bought the banjo its better still gotta watch with air, with a scale how do you know empty wait of the container
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Does the banjo flow meter have a check valve like the sotera so liquid does not flow back in case one forgets to close shutoff valve,and does it have a different cal number for different chemical thicknesses? We have to get something else than the sottera cause they just quit working, and batteries aren't dead
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmillfarms View Post
The flow meters have my dad so pissed that he wanted to go back to smashing jugs, we usually load a barrel to a tank but for the big totes were stuck using the meter, it sucks but ya we bought the banjo its better still gotta watch with air, with a scale how do you know empty wait of the container
All you have to know is how much one gallon or litre weighs. So you could weigh the tote, fill up a 4 litre pitcher, then see what the difference in weight is. Then you can calculate how many kg per litre or gallon or whatever. After you know that you can measure just by weighing how much less the tote weighs. The empty tote weight does not matter.

Last edited by torriem; 05-17-2017 at 04:45 PM.
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Even better, you can accurately measure the last little bit of product you can't get with a flow meter. For example, if the near empty tote weighs 365# on the scale and you suck it dry and it weighs 335#. You can rinse the tote right there on the scale, adding as much water as necessary, as many times as necessary. Now suck all the rinse water out into your sprayer and the tote now weighs 322#. You have accurately measured the last little bit of chemical, and you have a clean tote. Try that with a flow meter!
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Only problem is how do you get your shuttle on the scale out in the field. We usually carry 4-6 shuttles of round up on our trailer at a time.

bjtjjl likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page