Flow meters - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchek View Post
Only problem is how do you get your shuttle on the scale out in the field. We usually carry 4-6 shuttles of round up on our trailer at a time.
Must haul a lot of water or, dont spray a lot of it, still valid point there, but im actually thinkig about the scale option, dad is already strolling on kijiji as i write this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
After reading this thread, I'm convinced that buying a flow meter is a waste of money, better off buying a scale which would be more useful for other applications as well. As far as starting a new tote while in the field you could either double stack your totes on the scale or use a marker and a tape measure when these situations arise.

post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 09:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmillfarms View Post
Must haul a lot of water or, dont spray a lot of it, still valid point there, but im actually thinkig about the scale option, dad is already strolling on kijiji as i write this.
1500 acres a day is 3 shuttles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
How does the scale handle having a load on it while your water trailer is bouncing around on a gravel road full of washboard?
chance2 likes this.
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:14 AM

Location: North of west palm beach FL and where you all want to visit
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Quote:

1500 acres a day is 3 shuttles.
Really 1500 a day how big are your booms how fast and what gallons do you run to do that I can do 800 acres a day at 120 ft and 15 gallons a acre
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 01:17 AM

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
For those looking for a pallet scale. 4X4 FLOOR SCALE DIGITAL 10,000 LBS WIRELESS PALLET SCALE - Uncle Wiener's Wholesale I found them on Kijiji, but they are located in Alberta and will ship anywhere in Canada, is what they told me. They are currently out of stock but will have more in next week
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 01:21 AM

Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Quote:
How does the scale handle having a load on it while your water trailer is bouncing around on a gravel road full of washboard?
Not very well!

The NH3 nurse trucks have a scale built in to the frame which is locked for transport, and unlocked to load the tanks in the field. The locking mechanism takes the weight of the frame and secures it so even in a roll over, the load cells are isolated and undamaged. On a smaller scale it would work.
adsinaus likes this.

Living the dream,......one bushel at a time.

Last edited by chance2; 05-18-2017 at 01:30 AM.
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 02:08 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2672 Post(s)
If I have to pull out of a tote it is usually Gly so I meter that out of the sprayer with a side kick, the other thing I use in totes is warrent so I just use a tape measure, at 3 pints an acre in a 1600 gal tank there is a little room for error.

I guess I have never got that worked up about it that I needed a flow meter but things like barrels I use a batch boy if it's not an even barrel per batch. It's hard to beat a batch boy for accuracy but it could be a bit faster, I hear great things about the new ones but sticker shock has kept me from making that purchase

God Bless America
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 05:57 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
I cart 2 shuttles on the a frame on a semi trailer mounted up high. It's just sucked into the water as the sprayer is loading and just use the marks on the shuttle. Roundup is 3.35 Aus a litre so it's cheap and 2- 2.5 litres/ha is the standard rate. Something like Sakura is different story I use kitchen scales as a 5kg container something like $1800 and you have over $4000 dollars of chemical in one tank load.
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 08:37 PM
brs

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Anything new and improved for flow meters this year. Wanted to go the scale route but driving around afraid very hard on the load cells. Best way would be a hanging scale but you would need a crane on the spray trailer to either lift the totes or barrels.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page