The Combine Forum

The Combine Forum (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/)
-   Sprayers / Chemicals / Fertilizer (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/20-sprayers-chemicals-fertilizer/)
-   -   Rogator 1396 Tyre issues (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/20-sprayers-chemicals-fertilizer/303433-rogator-1396-tyre-issues.html)

Nickbrain 07-17-2017 07:57 PM

Rogator 1396 Tyre issues

2 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys, I am from Australia and having absolutely no luck with anyone in trying to find some information. Sorry if this is in the wrong area. I have a 2012 Rogator 1396 SP, our farm in country Victoria gets very wet. So we have bought and extra set of wheel for more traction. The problem we are having is that the new wheels work well on the flat country, but the machine work on hills is nearly impossible as it all but runs outta power, on what it runs up fine when the skinny tyres are on. I have bogged it once and was unable to even slip the wheels like I usually can to crawl out. Can I recalibrate anything (transmission) to allow for the bigger wheels and radius? Have attached photos of the old tyres and new ones. Any help would be amazing!!!

nhinoz 07-17-2017 08:39 PM

G'day mate, welcome to the forum.

Can't help you with a Rogator as we run 3 John Deeres and a Nitro, but after looking at Rogator specs I see it is an option to put 650/65R42 tyres on them so what you are using isn't too far removed from that. Your dealer should be able to say whether anything else needs to be done when putting bigger wheels on, but I would have thought it wouldn't be necessary.

In wet conditions it does take a huge amount of power to lug these sprayers around. We don't have hills to contend with but last year in the wet we were always looking for a few more HP.

Maybe you need to look at chipping or tuning your engine. Perhaps the combination of hills and wet conditions and bigger tyres has maxed out your available power. Does it make much difference when your solution tank is not full?

At least you've got moisture........it's that dry around here that there's nothing much happening for our machines.

Nickbrain 07-17-2017 08:53 PM

Thanks mate! Yeah the thing is no dealers in Australia seem to know anything about the machines even the ones selling them. You call them up about these issues they say they will call you back I am still waiting two weeks later! I have installed a steinbauer into the sprayer to try and squeeze some extra HP. I love this sprayer but this is a big issues for us as it's always wet here during winter. Cheers

KWO 07-18-2017 04:05 AM

I have 650/65r38 and never have spun them, feel the just slipping and will pull the motor down to 1100 rpm at 12 kph on very steep sandhills. If your skinny tyres were spinning on you steep hills it might have helped the turbo stay on boost. I get 178 kpa boost max, are you getting that or more. If not you may have a turbo / air leak issue.
I have read on here that chipping the C9 on the Cat combines can cause the head to crack the fuel rail.
On the service side of things, tried to get a spare fan belt, told none in Aust for the 160 amp model, luckily my spare part guy thought that was strange and found that there could be a 200 amp model. He spoke to four people in Adelaide before he got told only 200 amp models in Aust.

adsinaus 07-18-2017 04:42 AM

Can you turn the hydro pressure up? Is the hydro pressure running within spec?

flatfoot 07-18-2017 08:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nickbrain - because you have a 1396, would like to ask - are your hose coverings on your rear legs damaged like this pic (both sides)

KWO 07-18-2017 07:25 PM

I have a 1396 and have no damage to any coverings, only have done 1300 hours.
I can't work out what would have caused that looking at the photo's but I will check

Nickbrain 07-19-2017 02:45 AM

I don't think that I have ripped covers, what would that affect? Also I am going to get the local hydraulic guys to come pressure test the oil flow from transmission etc and see if anything can be tweaked. I have installed and have the steinbauer firing so hopefully that has helped but won't know for a while as I don't have any spraying to do currently.

flatfoot 07-19-2017 08:00 AM

My covers were ripped when I received 1396 with 180hrs on it and could never figure out why. The hoses appeared fine where covers were ripped. Had a hose fail at 950 hrs and when repairing had to remove about a 3" section because hose had been crushed! Have no idea how, but the 4 drive hoses on rear of machine (2 each side) had covers ripped the same. Cut a second hose apart and it was the same as hose that had failed. These are 4-braid hoses. The only idea I have is if these legs had been assembled as a sub assembly, maybe they were damaged at factory - the reason I ask if there is others have damaged hoses

kit 08-01-2017 06:31 AM

Wish i could help

Wish i could help