I've got respect for a guy that will come on here and listen and help out those that are using his product, even if not all good feedback. You have my respect. You're the kind of person/company I like to deal with.
Well, thanks guys. You are the kind of people/farmers that make me like my work too.
Well, to be honest, we want to make good products. No way about it. Sometimes it is tough, as we are typically dealing in plastic, so in a plastic vs. metal situation, plastic will always lose out in a battle of strength. Personally, Wilger is a good company that literally has a history of updating what is made to suit what is needed, so I know I can bring back end-user feedback to improve design. (Can't do it all the time though, but we try to)
They are tight! My sprayer is a 2014, when the valves were made?? I have had them unscrew before the the valve opened. I also do not care they have to be turned one direction. Got messed up once and had half them spraying out when I thought they were closed. Lost all the caps. I did not even care enough to look up who made them. Now I know and may order new ones. It is very nice to have something to help with draining the booms and bleed them out.
Depending when the parts were shipped, they could have a chance at being the rev2 version. For the caps, they make a big difference if you can keep them on, as road travel (especially) kicks up gravel/dirt that can get inside the spout and chew the o-rings up pretty bad, so they will literally not leak without replacing the o-rings. If it is just the caps that are gone, you can reorder those separately (#25175-10 - Rubber Cap). I'd try a little bit of liquid silicone before you replace them though.
For the valves, it is honestly night and day if you get a squirt of liquid silicone up into the spout and give it a few turns back and forth. With use, the seal is definitely going to dry out, and it'll only get tighter to turn.
Also, I talked with engineering yesterday afternoon, and having a revised handle/valve is in the works. We want to make sure it will work for most, so I might even post a picture or two of a prototype length/shape over the next little bit to see what you guys think.