4930 inspection, what to look at? - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Not sure on cost for the hubs for the 4930. They aren't cheap for the 4730. I wouldn't plan on rebuilding. You need some special tools and even then they are very easy to screw up. Best is to just swap out for a rebuilt one. It's not a big job, at least on a 4730, to change the hub out. I swapped mine because it was seeping at the end of the season last year.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Well I took the punt, should turn up in a few days. Wish me luck ��

Licensed to kill likes this.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 06:16 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
You bought the one from Dubbo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

No the one from Narrabri. Better value I thought, Still needs a few things fixed but hopefully will be a good machine.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

Hi ausmac, that 4930 at Dubbo sold for 75k at Ritchie brothers today. Funny how the dealer couldn't possibly go any lower than 100 when I looked at it lol.

So got my spray home now, haven't put any water through it yet though. Can't see any real issues with it yet, few oil leaks but guessing that's going to be a continued problem with so many hoses.
What's the story with the 2630, seems as though it's a bit limited with operating info. How does one get a decent "dash" or is it a bit basic? How come these machines don't have a decent readout on the corner post like my 8310, doesn't even have a decent fuel gauge or anything, rpm speed etc. maybe I'm not doing something properly?
Also does anyone have any ideas on good online supplies for nozzles and caps or are the local dealers as good as any place to buy em?
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 05:56 AM

I think it was traded in at 60k its still a very cheap. I have a few 2630s and have run them for years. You can set up the layout however you want. There not basic, you can customise the layout of the home page add cameras etc. Before my JD I ran one in my Hayes tag along, its a good controller once you get used to it. My advice other than the usual wheel motor horror stories is to put spiral pig tail wrap around wheel motor hoses and return lines to stop rubbing. I would check and replace hydraulic hoses to the boom tilt as I had an original one bust at 3200hrs and one side of the boom hit the ground it was on a headland going slow but it could of been a total boom write off at speed, I put taps to slow the fold speed of the boom to stop everything from smashing to bits, the other thing I is blowing o rings in hydraulic blocks near the spray pump. I just replaced many a I could and don't have any dramas.

They are a complicated animal but if you go hard on the maintenance they can smash the acres and be awesome to drive. Next week my tank and mates 4940 tank is going to Horsham hydraulics to be extended to 6000litres which is going to be awesome.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neily View Post
What's the story with the 2630, seems as though it's a bit limited with operating info. How does one get a decent "dash" or is it a bit basic? How come these machines don't have a decent readout on the corner post like my 8310, doesn't even have a decent fuel gauge or anything, rpm speed etc. maybe I'm not doing something properly?
Also does anyone have any ideas on good online supplies for nozzles and caps or are the local dealers as good as any place to buy em?
you probably wouldn't be first to complain about that - 4940s went back to having that data on cab post. there are lots of ways to custom configure a 2630 and once you catch on its pretty easy but id definitely get the dealer to set it up first time.....

Unless it was set up with some aftermarket stuff "JD" nozzles are just Hypro, but the nozzle body is TeeJet compatible so lots of options to go with nozzle of choice. personally I was happy with the hypro though after having Air bubble jets on last spryer, these plugged way less. Not sure about in Aus, but here they can be found a little cheaper from some other suppliers but really only would make a big difference if doing a whole set. Hypro makes a little plastic wrench that is well worth the investment they use a way thicker O ring and twist on much tighter than most nozzles. if sprayer has the HiFlo option the nozzle bodies from the dealer are atrocious.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

Ausmac
yeah I'd say it was good value at that price as well, shame the dealer was so greedy. I'm pretty happy with the one I bought though in comparison. I've got the screen sorted now still think I would prefer the corner post deal like my tractor though. It's got quite a bit of pig tail on it already I'll have a good look and see if I need anymore in spots, there is a few oil leaks around the hypro motor needs a good wash so I can find them. I like the tap idea on the wing tips, it's fairly violent when it folds in and out.
I checked the oil in the planetarys the other day and they were spotless so that was a relief!
How do you think it will handle the extra weight in the long run? How do you fill your spray? I'm thinking about setting up a trailer with everything on it and just pumping it all in. The hopper on mine is that small it's useless I think, too small to wash out a 20l drum and I won't need the machine running either.
How important is the hi/low rate tap on the back, mine has been removed I think. Usually use 50lha up to 100, does it matter?

Brad, yeah mine has the 5 nozzle holders, thinking about buying 3 new sets of nozzles and caps so it runs into a fair bit of coin. Have managed to get onto a pretty good deal on some teejet Ai stuff so I'll be right for a while.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
I ended up with a 4930 that has 3120 hours on it for 64,000 USD this winter at auction. Farmer owned machine doesn't have any frame rust so that is nice. Going to set a new leader box on it and hope for the best. I figure if I replace all 4 planetaries thats 40k or puts my price up to 104k. Should have a lot of life left in it at 3100 hours. Probably wont put much more than 60 hours a year on it as you can get so much done with those things and a box.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 04:46 AM

Vailcat its sounds like a great buy. If you do 60hrs a year nothing will go wrong. I'm back on acres to 30 thousand a year but before our farm split up it 60 thousand. Neily took the tank off today I'm taking two tanks to Horsham which is 950 kms. As far as weight is concerned if its very wet it will turn a pig into a very fat pig. The rig wil handle it as liquid fert is very heavy. The reason for going all the way to Horsham is the cut and weld hundreds a tank and are authorised to do Case JD Rogator from new with factory warranty. The yanks don't are happy with a 1200 gallon tank or 4500l which is Australia is useless.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page