Which Chem Handler? - The Combine Forum
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Which Chem Handler?

What are guys using?? I am researching the Handler III, Chembine, and Straight Shot. Are there any major differences between them? Also looking for any sprayer trailer set up ideas; do's/do not's. Looking at a 30' gooseneck with 2x10,000lb axles. Sprayer is 1200 us gal. Trailer will be pulled by a 3500 dually pickup.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
We use the Straight Shot on our farm, I think it is great and I would recommend it to anyone, it has a smaller footprint which is nice, and it is very very fast at drawing from totes.

This is our first handler, so I haven't tried any others, but it sure beats carrying jugs to the top of the sprayer.

gro4u and K_melnyk like this.

Bill
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
We use a straight shot unit as well and like it. I think they all will work well. smaller footprint on the deck is the same reason we went to straight shot. We also use the venturri and meter for sucking in chemical from totes. works pretty well and no need for power for a pump.
K_melnyk likes this.

most people say they have more time than money but who really knows?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
I have a handler III, its the first I have had with 3" fittings cant really speak to the other ones. If you get a chance I would look at a handler II and III side by side, I know you can get a II with 3" fittings. I ordered the III because I knew that it would hold a full tank of glyphos should I have ever needed to transport it in there (I know you are not supposed to but you never know....). anyhow once I got using it I found I used the direct venturi for all the high volume bulk stuff like roundup and buctril M and didn't really need that big 200+L hopper, only stuff that goes through it is pretty low volume. In my situation anyways the II would have worked just as good.
K_melnyk likes this.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
I use the chem eductor on the side of the sprayer (JD 4830)
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
How are you guys sucking from Venturi measuring product metered? I've got both Sotera and Durameter meters and the accuracy sucks between the two. Different chemicals, different temps of chemicals, air all make these things go screwy. I've been caught putting in way too much or not enough product sucking from Venturis so have just gone back to pumping into the handler 3.
serf-farmer likes this.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littletimeoperator View Post
How are you guys sucking from Venturi measuring product metered? I've got both Sotera and Durameter meters and the accuracy sucks between the two. Different chemicals, different temps of chemicals, air all make these things go screwy. I've been caught putting in way too much or not enough product sucking from Venturis so have just gone back to pumping into the handler 3.

I agree on the metres, almost useless. anything used in relatively small amounts I still use jugs. glyphosate I use the graduations on totes, you don't have to be right accurate on that. for stuff like traxos and buctril I try to make the tank sizes match either a full or half barrel so I am not measuring much. I like barrels for in crop chemicals vs totes, less risk of over / under using much......
Licensed to kill and K_melnyk like this.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licensed to kill View Post
I use the chem eductor on the side of the sprayer (JD 4830)
Do you use a pump for the water? My new(for me) 4710 won't suck water even though the previous 4710 did. For the life of me I can't figure out why. All the fittings are tight and it looks like it should. Have to pump it every time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 12:29 AM
crw

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradw2 View Post
I agree on the metres, almost useless. anything used in relatively small amounts I still use jugs. glyphosate I use the graduations on totes, you don't have to be right accurate on that. for stuff like traxos and buctril I try to make the tank sizes match either a full or half barrel so I am not measuring much. I like barrels for in crop chemicals vs totes, less risk of over / under using much......
I use a handler 2 and suck from totes with a meter. Have had zero issues and it seems accurate. I have calibrated it and kept track of liters used and both are very close. But my water trailer never moves.

I have been told by a couple guys that's why my meter is accurate. They are precision instruments and don't take well to traveling and bouncing down a wash board gravel road. The meter I use is going on 4 years now and my buddy had the same one but took it on the road on his trailer and he said it didn't last a month.
K_melnyk likes this.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 10:58 AM
DDF

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetfarmer View Post
Do you use a pump for the water? My new(for me) 4710 won't suck water even though the previous 4710 did. For the life of me I can't figure out why. All the fittings are tight and it looks like it should. Have to pump it every time
Our 4710 won't suck either, never has, it has also been a puzzle for me.
Does your your new 4710 have a front fill line?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page